Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikhil

New members Reception: Photos?

28 posts in this topic

I attended the new members reception on the 5th of May. I have not heard anyting from the college about the photos.

Has anyone received them?

I have not heard anything either about the photos during the convocation either. Has the group photo appeared anyway ?

I think I will have to check with the College itself

hi. had sent checque... not heard anything

well they have not yet contacted me for a cheque either

Froid I doubt if they will contact you for a cheque mate.

the college appoints an independent photographer... you need to contact him

But the college took our details to pass it on to the photographer. They did not give us the details of the photographer

ANyways

I have contacted the college. They told me that they are aware of the delay and feel sorry for it. They are trying to chase the photographer.

what about the 'certificate' that they were handing out - did anyone get the right one sent out in the post like they promised?? (without a lack of toner print!!!)

I received my 'certificate' a few days afte the reception. I agree with omer about the quality of the certificate. I feel insulted that the college cannot be bothered to print out certificate of an acceptable quality rather than handing out the ureadable ones. Just goes to show how much the college really value you after you stop paying exam fees  ;)

...and the college prez didnt see it worth her while to turn up either...

Certificates are terrible. I wonder how the photographer will know who is who. I haven't send the cheque yet. I thought we will get something to (identify ourselves and tick on the proof).

This deserves a letter to the Psych Bulletin, anyone? They probably delegated the printing of certificates to someone who had other things on his/her mind, such as what they were having for supper that night. This attitude towards new members is unbelievable.

>:(

Dear Veteran

I think you are right

the photographer might have been confused about who's who and hence the delay....

Will the psych bulletin publish the letter which the webmaster has suggested?

I didn't come to the reception, but after seeing the comments about the quality of the photograph, perhaps I can say that I did attend and point out to somebody in the photograph, claiming that it is me!

that might work, but it might not cos they were talking about the quality of the printing on the certificate not the photo. :lol:

I got the group and Individual photos yesterday

Quality is excellent

Nothing about the charges yet

(or may be they have already debited my account and I dont know .. as usual)

Sorry Froid I'm going to have to disagree with you - quality of the group shot is rubbish!

The photo IS well balanced and in focus with pretty colours but the photo is SO SMALL its almost impossible to make out individual faces! (The printed section is smaller than on the individual shot and the majority of it consists of the building in the backround). Certainly not worth 12 bloody quid!

The individual photo is quite nice although the Dean has a most peculiar expression on his face.

What would be really useful is a list of who's who in the group photo.

well i'm the bloke riiight at the back!

:D

Here is a sample copy of the group photo so forum member can make an informed decision about whether to purchase it. (So as not to be accused of copyright infringement I have added the words 'sample' over the picture)

Oh and I paid by cheque and the money came out of my account last week. Hey Omer I think I see you!

Now this is what I think the photo SHOULD have looked like!

*SPR's have all the time in the world to construct elaborate Powerpoint slides!* :lol:

Ps if anyone wants the slide template (minus the copyrighted picture of course!) you are welcome to e-mail me and insert your own scanned photo.

hey - i see me too!!! :) (suit with tie! :D)

brilliant ...might actauly get that ..except it would be nice if they could marry up the names with the photos but that WOULD be asking just abit too much eh?? ;)

I'm all for doing that, except that would involve SERIOUS audience participation as I only know the names of 6 people in the photo! Its more of an attendance list than a who's who. (Actually if you count the names and the faces - a lot of people arent even in the photo! I think some people who booked just didnt turn up and maybe a few who were there didnt stay for the photo)

Anyhoo - you shall receive the latest version forthwith (I had to correct the spelling of a few names - my scanners document recognition isnt quite 100%)

BTW - Omer did you have a beard in the photo? Or are my eyes playing up?