Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ramas

Back stabbing

9 posts in this topic

This incident happened just today with me which has left me really  :-[.As a staff grade when i started this job , I was asked to start a formal annual review process of people with schizoprenia diagnosis. which included a form to be filled and a formal presentation by my self ,sometimes on power point on weekly MDTM meeting.

Today i found out that a staff nurse and O.T. has done an audit of that excluding me from it and sent me a copy of it.

Would i be justified to pull them up or just let it go? any suggestion welcome.Thanks

i think you should let this know to your consultant and get proper advice really..

it looks like the nurse and OT have played up a bit..

can you ask them on their face as to why they did this to you?

come on.. you could do a lot better than a staff nurse or OT when it comes to preparing and presenting about the topic..

go for it mate.

I would want to know what happened.

Who asked you to do that review? Was it a team decision or something your consultant asked you to do? Were the other members of the team (particularly this nurse and OT) aware of what you were doing?

If they all knew you were doing this piece of work and they still went ahead and did the audit, I'd talk to them, as well as your consultant +/- team leader.

Don't just make assumptions or create ghosts. And certainly don't stay in your office feeling sad and miserable.

The only way to know whether this was indeed intentional is to just ask! Its easy to jump to conclusions & feel hurt/ annoyed. We all know the feeling.

We cannot control external circumstances or other people's wrong doings but we can control the way we react to them. We can choose either to be affected by them or get a useful feedback and move on.

Thanks guys for your suggestion and encouragement.

just want to update as to what has happened since then.I asked for the nurse and OT to arrange a meeting when they would be free and a day later they came with the PTL and apologised and accepted that they played up with me and said it wont be repeated and guess, now i am more often acknowledged and respected.

with this experience i agree that its better to go for the horn of the bull rather than feeling miserable and sorry for oneself. thanks to all.

I am quite happy to hear this Ramas!

though I have not yet been a similar victim, I am sure it would have been mostly annoying.

I also think you handled it well and it is great you are getting more respect now, though maybe that should have been the case from the beginning...

Good on you!

The thing is Ramas, that nurse and OT have it in for you now :'( If I were you, i'd ensure that I wash my stethoscope on a daily basis (in-case they insert the earplugs up their anus) and I would sniff my pen and check my coffee for a funny taste in the mornings, cos boy they're really hacked off now and are gonna piss on your parade :'( Sorry...

The thing is Ramas, that nurse and OT have it in for you now  :'(  If I were you, i'd ensure that I wash my stethoscope on a daily basis (in-case they insert the earplugs up their anus) and I would sniff my pen and check my coffee for a funny taste in the mornings, cos boy they're really hacked off now and are gonna piss on your parade  :'(  Sorry...

Or you could just take your stethoscope and pen home with you. And make your own coffee as I'm sure most of us do anyway.