Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
funky

There is no shame in failing MRCPsych Exams. Share

15 posts in this topic

as it is with any loss, you feel so much anger and frustration when the royal college write you saying they regret to inform you.......... >:(

Your mind is flooded with the thought of putting in time to prepare for the exams again,

the money, the pain of wasted effort. :-/

but then who cares! well done for the effort put in anyway. :-?

if you persevere and keep up with it, your time will come one day. hippee you will become a member of the almightily suppresing RCPsych 8-)

hey, get on with it and share your emotions / feelings. it is ok to. I failed in the MCQs. it is all still a shock to me. I got to move on anyway. there is more to life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Often times it is said that even when we cannot influence what happens to us, we could modulate how we react to them. :-?

I get huge strenght and see the humour in situations when I share it.

so get on with sharing your experiences. it heals you and help others pull through. don't you agree? 8-)

I totally agree with u funky. There is more to life than exams and constant worrying. We can just try our best and hope that things work out alright. if they dont then big deal. we hardly wish for good health, or the massive gift of happiness but when it comes to exams....failing means the end of the world. I had never failed an exam till I got to this country and just cant stop failing now hahahahahhaha. Im ok with that as long as I have my family behind me and my unlimited cineworld card hahahaha

cool pukhtun. ;)

Only those who quit will never become members of the Royal college.

it is so ironic that we all get obsessed with becoming members of the same college that has caused us so much pain and grief.

What makes the whole thing more intriguing is that the college has a highly secretive and subjective standard around the exams. :-?

You only get the membership when they feel you should irrespective of your abilities.

Particularly for those who have of us who do not speak english as our mother tongue, it is just so unfair.

The examination standards are secretive largely because of the racial politics that is employed. :P :P

well well well, I am defiant that not even the RCPSych can break me. :lol: :lol:

I WILL SURVIVE!!!!!1

There is nothing to feel bad or ashamed about failing.

I just failed my Part 1.

It only makes us a better person.

Take it as a positive criticism.

An opportunity to realise we need to learn more.

After all fail or pass gives an opportunity to have a drink.

Make merry and be happy.

Life is only once for we don't know what comes after our death.

Its all life's game.

Enjoy every bit of it both failure and success.

Wish yourself good luck next time.

Life has more to offer than membership exams.Membership is something which you will eventually get.

My understanding is- if one gets through the MRCPsych exam without too many hiccups, they may either feel lucky or that they deserved to pass anyway. For the rest of us, struggling a bit, it makes us aware of our imperfections(if any) and we can get to work on them productively. No one can shame us. Only we can shame ourselves and that too, only if we allow ourselves to.

cool pukhtun. ;)

I WILL SURVIVE

there is a Gloria Estefan song by the same title..

not only that, there is a warrior skill in Guild Wars by the same name (to commemorate the song, i guess)

Life is full of ups and downs,you loose some and you gain some.I dont think there would be anybody who has had only positive things in life.Mrcpsych exams is just a small thing which everbody will pass one day if you keep giving it.

Has anyone got the answers to PART 1? Post them here if you have, thanks :lol:

..and Funky, some advice. NEVER admit to listening to Gloria Estefan, take it from me dude, NEVER!!

failed the written part 2 having passed it last time ,feel very frustrated and ashamed of myself and feel up and down ...oh my god why life has to be this stressful...

dear klein

know the feeling..

happened to me

passed part 2 writtens failed long case, failed writtens  then passed failed pmps

then failed writtens ..

wonder if the college are trying to make me depressed via life stressors /?

i blame pMEBT for not having the guts deal with the college and splitting the writtens from the clinicals ie, once the writtens are in the bag thats it, and we should have a choice as to when we want to sit the clinicals.

Thanks michael shamrock wonder whether we will form a group supporting each other in this forum

well a way to look at it all is to take heart in the fact that we are surely going to be better psychiatrists.

It is very hard to see that now but obviously a better coping strategy! ;)

just being curious what are you guys upto now?

not much time for wallowing in self pity and allowing anger and resentment against the rcpsych eat us up. :'( :'(

Wipe the tears, have some good fun and dust the books again.

when do we start the battle preparation again?

can we get constructive again?

we aren't going to quit. are we? no no no no no and no.