• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riya

CHILD meeting

7 posts in this topic

You are to arrange a meeting about a 9yr old child with a h/o enuresis & encopresis and a history suggestive of possible physical & sexual abuse. Who will you invite to the meeting and how will you chair the meeting?

consultant

paediatrician ( if under his care as well)

GP

team social worker

team Psychologist

child protection nurse

social worker from the social services.. child protection department

parents ?

Parents? I think we need to involve them as well. Depends what sort of meeting this is- probably a child protection meeting.

Any idea how to chair it?

I guess it would centre around collation of the facts, agree on a child protection plan, decide whether to put the child's name in the child protection register. Also re whether child needs to be removed temporarilly if immediate & significant risk of harm.

stupid stupid stupid pmp

these pmps make me angry

what the heck

who will I invite? how big is the table how many chairs?

is this important?

:lol:

May I humbly suggest the following:

It is best to summon a professionals'/network meeting (without the parents). the aim is to share your concerns with other people already involved with the child to see if they have similar concerns and bring it to the attention of the Social services. The most important person would be the social worker (usually from the child protection team). The invitees would include the teacher, school nurse (also called school health advisors), [the health visitor if the child is under 5 years], and the community paediatrician. You may want the social worker of your CAMH team with you. If the meeting feels that it falls under the category of 'abuse is likely' and meets the threshold criteria for significant harm, the SS has a duty to investigate it further through holding a child protection case conference and initiating a CP investigation. If the SW does not agree to do so, you will make sure that the meeting is minuted and circulated to all parties. The core answer to the question is that you will invite the social worker and all other already involved with the child.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0