Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cuckoo

examiners lack of awareness

13 posts in this topic

i have just gone through a pmp marathon ,, I stick to the structure of presenting the pmp , but when i started by raising the issues which were absolutely according to the vignette , i was inturupted by the examiners , so i lost the structure but i managed to answer their questions ,, so it was all like zig zag style of pmp. any one has clue is this the right way of confusing an already anxious candidate...

Hi Cuckoo

This is nothing new. I had the same experience as did many of my friends. I think the examiners do this to direct you and also to make sure you are giving them the answers they want.

I could be wrong ,but I think they are actually trying to help you rather than confuse you. However I could be totally wrong and its a technique to see if you can work under pressure. A third alternative is that its a combination of the two.

Don't be too disheartened by the experience , as most of my friends examined in this way passed.

God luck. :)

It was my experience too.I was on the last day and examiners were boared.The way questions were asked I felt i was bullied.Managed to answer 90% of questions.  

Does 90% satisfies the examiners thats the question, because they are so judgemental , its like cat on the wall. fingers cross

you are right,they might be expecting different answers.but most of the candidates in my centre felt the same, that examiners were pushing us to an area that we were not so confident.

Can somebody shed light on how clinicals are scored?are they peer reviewed?

but what they were pushing for god knows ,,as there is so much of back ground knowledge to shed in the little time,,may be it also depends how the other candidates in the same centre were doing ,but possibly if you donot kill any one in pmp ,,it is important.

As I mentioned above in bedford centre the examiners ( one of them was professor )was asking questions from first minute , some of these questions , and when i did not know , they helped me . Also they asked very basic clinical questions :

In parkinsonism and lewy body dementia

How do you assess cognitive functions?

how do you assess frontal lobe function?

In LD one

patient was talking to her self , Why do you think ?

I was not extremely bad to start asking these questions. Funny enough the 2 examiners had the same style

A friend of mine who is SPR said that it seems are new as examiners

Any way , wait and see

It was my experience too.I was on the last day and examiners were boared.The way questions were asked I felt i was bullied.Managed to answer 90% of questions.  

examiners don't always examine for all of the days, so it may have been the last day of the exams, but it could have been their first day. that said they still could have been bored.

I had the exam in Bedford as well and I felt the PMP-s examiners questions were actually helpful; they did not ask leading questions but they minimised the effect of anxiety or lack of concentration by making the conversation flow and their humane atittude.

Unfortunately in the clinicals I was not prepared for reduced facial expression, etc. people say you should expect diffrent types of examiners.

I am sure thre are a lot of missinterpretations on both sides.

my exam was in royal free hospital the examiners interrupted at every statment i lost my train of thought i feel i missed a couple of points as well.

Hi all ,examiners have their various styles .Some would be very passive and watch you dig a whole for yourself .Others might be very aggressive and try to get the salient point.They do not like people who list out standard things and miss out what is peculiar to a case.we learn a lot of things in courses and other media about exams but nothing beats the treal experience for both the examiners and the candidates.A lot of people are misinformed that when an examiner challenges you or uses a probe, that means one is failing and we get fidgety at this point.The examiner might only be trying to clarify something or guide you.I wish everyone the best on Monday!

dear paloa

i have been told that if examiners ask probes then you lose marks is it true

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0