Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aparanjothi

journal articles

5 posts in this topic

hi

i've been browsing for few studies in the pubmed and the national library website.

it yeilds only the abstract of the study.

is there anyway you can get hold of the complete article with a Athens username and password

i also have a pubmed username and password.

i don't seem to see any link in the web page for a complete access to the journals.

help please

thanks

well one of the ways is to go to this page...

www.library.nhs.uk

you can log on using your athens username and password and then you could click on databases like psychinfo....

and you can then search and see the relevant links to full texts of journal articles...

that is the journals that your hospital library that provided you with the athens password has access to...!

however, if you are using a nhs computer, I have noticed that you can easily access college journals directly by the college website, so go for it...!

;)

hi

i've been browsing for few studies in the pubmed and the national library website.

it yeilds only the abstract of the study.

is there anyway you can get hold of the complete article with a Athens username and password

i also have a pubmed username and password.

i don't seem to see any link in the web page for a complete access to the journals.

help please

thanks

Even with Athens username & pass word some of the articles will only yeild abstracts. My hospital librarian said some of the full articles can only be accesed by making payment.There might be a link which enables you to do that.

Best wishes.