• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alwaleed

compensation neurosis

5 posts in this topic

Eh? You'll have to be more specific I'm afraid...

you are seeing a pt who was involved in car accident and became house bound. one of the probes was if you know that she is involved in legal disbute for compesation, will that affect you veiws of this case? :-/

Darned right it would! Clearly she's faking it all in the hope of getting some cash from these ambulance chasing lawyers!

As long as you mention the possibility and ensure that you had adequately screened for feigned symptoms then I don't know what else you would say to this probe. It would be for the court to decide if she merits compensation, not us.

I found it F68.0 :D in the context of elaboration of physical symptoms for psychological reasons 'some cases appear to be clearly motivated by the possibilty of finacial compensation following accidents or injuries but the syndrome does not necessarily resolve rapidly even after successful litigation'

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0