Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slartibartfast

Worlds smallest political quiz

9 posts in this topic

Was surfing the net and came upon this well recieved and supposedly valid lil quiz that assesses your political persuasion.. they like to call it the worlds smallest political quiz..

i feel theres a lot of us.. myself included who have very little idea of their political persuasions..

I was quite surprised to see where my political leanings.. uhh.. leant.. whilst playing this economic simulation game called tropico..  where youre el presidente (a la fidel) and have to organise the running of the island republic..

what was really fun about the game was that it had a level of the happiness of the people as a score from 1-100.. and that depended on schooling, economy, environment, religion, healthcare and how they all integrated..

intersperesed were relations with the us and ussr, and several other diplomatic niceties i cant remember off hand some of which involved either of them placing military bases on the island in return for economic props..

pleasure to play with happy latin music playing the background..

you could play which way you wanted.. go for big money with cigar industries and tourism or move agriculture forward..

and all of this was presented your playing style on a scale that was either capitalist, communist or both..

and i was really surprise to find that my playing style was commie.. even if i began with the setting enable as hardcore capitalist.. so's i could make more money playing the game and use that money to reach my goals.. no dice.. i turned commie in a hurry..

kinda eye opening to see where your political leanings Actually lie.. as opposed to where you think they'd be..  

that quiz says i am a liberal - right out on the upper left margin near the libertarian/left boundary. hmm....

J, If youre interested theres 2 longer (different) versions of the test on other sites..

the political compass plots your position on a left-right scale (x axis) and a authoritarian-libertarian i.e. y axis.. also compares your position to several political bigwigs of today and yesteryear..

to find out whether your democrat-republican or libertarian..   this might be interesting

strangely enough i found that i was liberal democrat in persuasion.. also showed that i was with Gandhi and Mandela in the political compass quiz..

ok, so the first of those two says i'm slightly right wing (2 squares right) and in the middle of the libertarian/centre (4 squares down). the second rates me as upbeat.

i'm not sure the three scales match that well. in fact i'd say the first two are pretty much opposites and the third i've no idea about. let's see other people's results....

Thanks slartibartfast

interesting quiz. it put me as a centrist on the border of left liberal

I'm apparently most like Gandhi and the Dalai Lama! 8-)

It tells me I'm a liberal but I refuse to believe it! Adding insult to injury by putting me nearer the libertarian as well.

in a nutshell.. from what ive understood..

liberal-left is for economic regulation with personal freedom

conservative-right is for regulation of personal freedom and economic freedom

libertarian is economic and personal freedom (no libertarian society/culture has ever survived..)

ayn rands philosophy is objectivism.. folks say libertarianism is its bastard child.. ayn rand rejected it for reasons of her own.. but theres a lot of her teachings in it.. i.e. unrestricted economic and personal freedom..  

id really like to think most chill dude well educated people would place themselves left or left of centre in terms of their attitudes.. even if they mightnt know it themselves..

while the Mrcpsych makes us right wing conservative-authoritarian in attitude if we practise it the way we're expected to.. and that really is what the mrcpsych is about.. ensuring a psychiatrist in kent does the same as one in cornwall or london... its what doing the pmp's taught me.. theres only one right (safe) answer..