Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pukhtun

murderer pardoned

44 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard of the case where a mirza tahir hussain( british born pakistani) killed a cab driver in pakistan and was set free after prince charles pressurized prez musharraf?

I think the pakistani judicial system has gone to potty.Its a disgrace.he should have been hanged like all the other convicts who get hanged because they dont have british passports. In short if you have a british or an american passport then the death sentence does not apply to u.

being a pakistani myself I feel ashamed of the way the law of the land has been ra**d >:(

Apparently Pakisthan has dual judicial system

T Hussain was convicted by the religious court while he was acquited by the other one

Well I agree with you it does make a difference if you have a British passport :lol:

He did spend 18 years in jail for his alleged crimes...

well, i am against capital punishment! so i welcome the decision not to go ahead with the hanging.

Peechoo, I think u have a vey good point though. If this man were a Pakistani citizen, he would have certainly been hanged and would have recieved about 4 lines of coverage in the pakistani press. But since he was a british citzen, it made international headlines, and he has also escaped the nooseman. Different punishment for the same crime in the same country, just because of where the person was born! :-/

Where a person is born determines a lot in ones life.

It doesn't have to be as glaring as having a British or Pakistani passport.

It could be as simple as being born a b!%&!d in the ghettoes of Hackney by a junky mother as opposed to the marble palaces of the rich and mighty in Westminster...

Geography does play a role in ones destiny... :'(

'Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.'

Mark Twain

good point N. sandoc I am a very devoted patriot but then I see patriotism as a way of helping ure country to grow and object to injustice.

I think Pakistan let so many people down by giving into pretty boy's( prince charles) orders. I am not a big fan of death sentences but then if you have that law in a country then why does the noose crack necks based on their social status and nationality.

Mirza T houssain had a gun with him that he used to kill the cabbie. why did he have a gun. he gave 3 different statements to distract people. 18 years of jail sentence does not take away the pain of the mother and father who had to bury a 22 year old son .

now he has grown a beard and thinks he would be forgiven. To all ya killers and sinners.......if there is hell....Il see ya there

Peechoo..I kind of agree with you..

But why blame only the West ?

By making a mockery of the country's justice system , Prez Musharaff has demonstrated again his determination to suck up to the  West for his own future, security and also to obtain aid for the people (?) to cover up his sefish intentions.

Way to go Prez..... :D :D

laluanto I agree with u 100 %. I dont blame the west for the mirza case. I accuse my prez for bein a wuss

Hi

I can't understand

can someone tell me on what counts Mr Prez Musharaff is the president of Pakistan.

Elected? He declared himself president after a very swift and succesful coup. Then went on to conduct....sorry orchestrate elections and made sure his candidate became the prime minister! Yet, he did not relinquish power because 'it was for the good of the country'

Mind you, dont shed any tears for the people he ousted, I think Benazir Bhutto and Nawaz Sharrif(both past heads of state) have been extremely corrupt as well.

How different is Pakinstan after Mr P Musharaff took over after ousting the past corrupt heads.

Well,

I guess Pechoo will have to answer that, I am not from Pakistan and hence would not be able to give you that information. I'm an Indian see ;)

trinity its like chosing a lesser evil. Musharraf is a dictator ...yes thats true. did he get power legally....no but having said that all our earlier democratically elected leaders were immoral money grabbing scumbags. Although I am extremely anti army and hate seeing a man in uniform controlling the country but he is alot better than the other politicians.

pakistan has become alot more liberal since he has taken over. Unfortunately the province that I come from in Pakistan does not have a name and is currently being ruled by a religious party( bunch of morons) who are focusing less on development and education and focusing more on getting rid of the president and enforcing Islamic law. Its not the Islamic law that is based on the Quran or what the prophet taught but their self made self serving narrow minded ideologies. I have always been proud to be a pathan but seeing the mullahs ( religious leaders)ruin my beautiful land just P****s me off. I am angry with the prez for letting them run my province. they have failed and will lose next year.

what the west refers to modernism has now flourished massively in pakistan...with the media extremely liberal and that I feel is ok but one should not abandon cultural values to accept western modernism. I watch Indian movies and the party circuits there showing things that dont tally with the rich Indian culture that I know. Is that modernism or out right exhibitionism just to be accepted by the west. Pakistan is going( really fast) in that direction and to be honest I would rather see that than see extremism control us. wowww Im anti army and anti mullah now.

The only way that i would accept a man in uniform( as a leader) would be in the case of long lasting peace with India and every other nation. Now that would be true development and progress.

If the neighbours spend less on homeland security

and divert the money to basics would do a lot good

i was impressed by the amount of funds Blair delivered Pakistan in his recent visit.

hahahhaha funds......our prez just cant stop asking.they just throw a bone here and there and everyone is happy

Pakistan is unique in its sociopolitical ground realities and, that could be seen in the context of Turkey`s post great war situation and how Atta Turk saved it by targetting various elements including relegious powers.

Pakistan is greatly benefited from the National security council which is a body, nor above niether below the parlimentary house,serving the role of an advisory council and to keep the things smooth.

A great number of Pakistanis believe that Pakistan has seen a boom in macroeconomics,media and IT infrastructure and politics established at grass root levels.

Pakistan is the frontline nation against AlQaeda and successfuly moving towards the ultimate goal of capturing the biggest of them all, Osama(which is just the matter of time).

Mr Musharraf`s role in the reconstructing of his country and redefining its global political role (including India post Kargil)has seen very good outcome.

khuram pakistan will never succeed as a democratic country.......and that is a fact. that leaves military control and that too means total humiliation. now we have more generals ie millionaires. Although I hate the army( I hate all armies) but I think the general is doing a better job than that moron nawaz and benazir....lets not even get into the MMA politics( a bunch of Id***s)

I do not agree that Pakistan is not capable of achieving the only able system of delievery to massess,'the democracy'.Yes I could agree that it might not be the western style democracy which suits their needs.We will find our own version suitable to our needs.

Peechoo,I am interested to know,on what accounts you think that Mr Musharraf is doing a good job?

People often forget that Pakistan is in a state of an ideological and armed war against the biggest enemy of our times,The Islamic devious minded terrorists who have twisted the relegion to establish a war to achieve their own political power.This is their sole agenda.

I ,'the democracy'.Yes I could agree that it might not be the western style democracy which suits their needs.We will find our own version suitable to our needs.

sorry to be dumb

is there any western style democacy and other versions

i'm confused ::)

If democracy is For the people,By the people and To the people then its down to Pakistani people as how they want to play it.

People there have relegious,tribal,feudal,ethinic,cultural(some times very conservative) and national/regional loyalities.It is a federation in a true sense.

This is evident that there are even different ways of interpretations in various western democratic nations of democracy.The way it is practiced in USA is somewhat different than in UK.

Pakistani people do not want to ditch the above mentioned loyalities then be it and try to take the bull from the horn.This what I believe Mr Musharrf is trying to do.Educating the massess and media in Pakistan for the last few years is a good evidence for that.

He has to find a way of keeping army and beurocrates/technocrates assimilated with the political forces to work towards the same goals of achieving the betterment of his country.

No one could take a deciscion of containing A.Q Khan in Pakistan because he has served his country tremendously but the way it was done, enjoyed a very balanced and healthy public support,keeping the dignity of A Q Khan`s services intact and the same time giving him the due punishment.This could not even imagined in before 2000.

If democracy is For the people,By the people and To the people then its down to Pakistani people as how they want to play it.

Pardon my ignorance, but do u think that the present regime under Musharaff, is something close to what Pakistani people see as 'democracy'?