Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrconfused

visa for love or marriage

12 posts in this topic

I don't know where to start. I am going out with a British girl at the moment and we are at the moment on the stage of knowing each other. With this visa problems coming out during one of our conversation, she offered me to marry her. What should I do? I like her but I don't know her that well yet.

mrconfused, u have joined superegocafe only today- and ur first post shows that u think that this is an agony-aunt column! :lol:!

i've been in this forum for a while. Just wanted to remain quite anonymous at the moment. :P

You probably already know what to do. It's unlikely that advice from me or others you don't know at all well will make you marry when you don't think you should or vice versa

mr. confused - whats ur nationality

just curious .... :lol:

Looks like she wants to help you out with the visa issue as a good friend but is that all?

I don't know.

You know best about your relationship so marriage is your decision.

Hope this helps.

Its difficult for others to make or advise really.

Good luck either way.

mr.confused's nationality is irrelevant.

one local sho offered to marry me in exchange for a visa, quite casually, but very seriously.

this was in response to my frustration about applying for a schengen visa for travelling around europe.

she offered marriage, also to help me sort out my visa problems [ provided hsmp wasn't accepted ].

needless to say we are good friends, but the very thought of marrying someone for materialistic purposes i.e. visa makes me feeel very uncomfortable.

Depends on your views on the sanctity of marriage. I'm not overly concerned about deities getting annoyed about the reasons behind a marriage, hence I would suggest if it benefits you, it's worth considering. However you may need to look at the legal implications, and draw up agreements to protect your assets and property should you wish to end the marriage later on, as she would be entitiled to a share of them. I also seem to remember (althogh this might just be things I've seen in films!) that you would need to think about living arrangements, and be able to prove that you are in a proper marriage. Interesting post!

its really a a cpacity issue ,, are the girls getting so soft hearted in these times ,, I thing pride is very important if you want to live like a henpeck husband its your choice , in britain every 1 out of 3 marriages are ending in divorce , so solving one problem and buying another one . think hard

You will be surprised to see the number of people who get married to people in UK to come to the UK/ get a PR in the UK... all arranged marriage.. by parents in India...

So it doesnt make a difference if the girl is British... lot of people do it... But obviously its personal decision...

After all marriage is not all about having sex and having children... :lol: :lol:

really now...sorry dude 100% desi...simple