• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drsathu

Quick advice needed!!!

2 posts in this topic

Hiya I am a 24 year male from India and I am currently working as a SHO in Swindon,Wiltshire.I have been offered rotations in Edinburgh as well as Royal free,London.I am bit confused and I would like my senoir collegues to advise me- Personally I dont like London,but if it will help my career progression I am happy to stay there!! ::)

Hi drsathu! I think in psychiatry, you should choose somewhere that you'll enjoy working. I don't think your career will be adversely affected, wherever you train due to the lack of applicants for SpR posts.

I have no experience of working in London, but have just finished the Edinburgh SHO scheme which I found excellent. There are lots of subspecialties available, a variety of psychotherapies and reasonable MRCPsych training.

There have been some changes to the scheme recently, some for the better and some for the worse, but overall, I would highly recommend it, not least because of the opportunity to live in one of the best cities in the best country in the world (maybe slightly biased opinion ;) )

Go for Edinburgh - you won't regret it!