• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcqcrap

good c.v?

5 posts in this topic

how does one make ones c.v. stand out?i have started to think about applying for registar jobs now and have to get my c.v. sorted.

any ideas? :lol:

not sure if this is helpful but when I applied for an SpR job recently they told you exactly what they wanted in your CV under specific headings and so there wasn't any room to personalise it. Not sure if this is unusual

Agree with dougie

i am at the moment filling one of those forms(bl**dy hard work) It is very difficult to know how moch can you blow your own trumpet

our deanery clearly mentioned they do not want CVs

so in a way they provide you the skeleton you just have to fill in flesh and bllod to give life( have become philosophical after the stress of exam!!!)

on suggestion or tip will be to classify things in to clear subheadings to allow the reader to get clarity and also to proff read several times

i requested on of my colleagues to do because since you have written it so every time u read u may think it sounds right she pointed out several mistakes(Thanks to her) now i hope ir looks reasonable

CVs for SpR jobs are still required in many of the rotations. Best to go with a tried and tested structure rather than trying too hard to make yours stand out. Basic info on front page then a list/ description of jobs. Then separate headings for research/ publications/ audit, managerail/ leadership work, teaching experience and some sort of personal statement/ career aims or the like. good clear sturcture, not being overly wordy and long and nice presentaion will take you a long way. Remember you are a commodity in short supply and don't get too worried about the interview.

I did recently apply and yorkshire roation didnt ask for a CV.The experience of filling the form was very frustarting but I think it is ggood idea to draw few points from the application in doing ones own CV.

Main points in it were

Basic demo details[include if applicable visa status,GMC reg status,number and when ready to join if offered]

List of jobs d0ne so

List Procedures/Clinical skills and write what level of competency[eg.HV,Section etc]

Teaching experience

Courses,training done

Presentaion skills

Research experience

Audit experience

Management experience[within pstch and outside]

Other skills-inteersts,IT skills,etc

Also was asked reg 2 examples demonstarting communication skills and Initiative abilities

..heck pretty tough!! ;)