• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcqcrap

spr interviews?

6 posts in this topic

hey does anyone know what is usually asked in the interviews for spr's?

can someone help me some tips? :lol:

SpR interviews tend to focus on nonclinical topics (you have just passed the exam after all). TEnd to involve 7-8 people (mainly psychiatrists but usually one lay person, one other consultant and a manager of some sort) each asking a topic. Tend to take you through your CV first and cover anything obvious, odd or unusual (good or bad) in it. Topics then include research, what you will do in special interest as a SpR, managerial stuff (from general ideasof leadership though to clinical governance/service developmnet etc), interpersonal stuff (problem with colleague what do you do/ patients you least like) and intrapersonal stuff(how do cope with stress etc).

Can be quite a relaxed atmosphere as it takes a bit of time. May be more intense in sought after schemes but with the current state of psychiatry the are often more keen to have you than vice versa. Try not to get too stressed by it all (easier said than done).

recently had a personal experience.

Was very relaxed and friendly experiance

as mentioned nearly 8 psychiatrists!!can be bit overhelming

Standadrd issues seems to clinical governance,special intersts .

Usually they divide it into-CV,Why this speciality,clinical questions+interesting experiences,Positive aspects of your personality,extra skills,Clical governance,Research..

hmmm quite a long list!!

a good idea if you have not done any research (like i hadn't) is to have at least an idea of what area you would be interested in researching and why. do you have specific career plans (specialty-wise) if so talk about them. at my interview they asked about time management, coping with stress, relationships with team members, confidentiality, teaching, etc took 50 or so minutes, but was quite relaxed, covered so many different topics i've forgotten most of it...

hi

would somebody able to give some tips on reeading things like NSF and clinical governance are there any nice websites we can refer to?

You could always try the links section, which has links to the main organisations - most of the websites have summary articles about what they do - click here.