• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajb1978

maybe it's me that's mad!

3 posts in this topic

hello everyone,

currently a PRHO and just wanted some advice.  have just accepted a job on the st mary's rotation and deferred it until feb 05 as i have a 6 month post in elderly medicine lined up.

have chosen psychiatry as always interested me as an undergraduate plus the educational set-up always seemed very well developed compared to other specialties.

however, having read some of the threads on here and other websites, it seems that everyone in psychiatry wishes that they were out of it!  is this just blowing off steam or is the career really so terrible?  am moving from up north to the big smoke where i know fairly few people- it's going to be a difficult enough transition without landing up in a career i hate!!  please help!!!!

If you ask me taking Psychiatry is the best option you can make if you are jenuinly interested in it....so go ahead mate!!

I'm with ferra2. Best decision I made.

OK its not all roses, but if you have an interest in it then it is a great job (check out 5 things I like about psyche on the forum). I think it is just as stressful as being a 'proper doctor', just in a very different way though. But who else gets paid to sit around all day, drinking tea and nattering with all sorts of people?

Just a shame you are on the Mary's rotation!!!

Good Luck