• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest piqsuzie

HELP!!!!!PLEASE!!!

9 posts in this topic

I am non english european trying to start a Psych training in London. I just don't know the pros and cons of the trusts or which rotation schemes are the best... Someone training in London has any advice??? PLEEEAASE??? :'(

I'm on the UCL scheme - North East London.

I've found it to be alright. I've been lucky with my jobs so far, but I have heard of some nasty jobs (usually the more central ones).

I don't know about the other schemes though.

I was actually wondering what the breakdown of pass results for the different schemes was. That may be a good decider.

Not much help, but there you go.

A colleague of mine told me that he was on a night shift , &when he started his shift he found out that he had to do 4 admissions & 3 assessments. he was very pleased that he wasn't called after 05:37 am.

Would this be of any help.

N.B. For confidentility reasons I can't give any further details ! :-[ :-/

'Nasty job' meant an unpleasant consultant combined with a very busy schedule combined with heavy on-calls.

This would be the exception not the rule though.

that`s what i will call NASTY.I once had that combination working in a hospital in Middlesbrough.It was the worst moments in my career.But i am no longer as depressed now

Ismail. You speak of a colleague who had to do 4 admissions and 3 assessments and get to bed at 5.37a.m. I do not consider that to be terribly unusual in a busy hospital. When I am on duty I sometimes get to lie down for maybe an hour or two before I begin a full days work again. That is not 'nasty' - its just damn hard work. I am very happy in my job and I love psychiatry. I know of people on Night Duty who expect to just go to bed and ignore their Bleep and phone in the Res and yet expect to get paid. I really hate to hear of psychiatrists moaning of being overworked. I also dislike those who are not available, take sick days etc. I feel I am very lucky to be in a 3 year training programme and I don't expect anything from anybody - nobody owes me anything in life. One should have pride and not moan about hard work - but be damn glad to have it - there are some doctors that have no jobs.

Hi

While I agree with you about hard work an occasional moan is probably essential in order for working conditions to improve. A few years ago on call could mean working 3 days in a row but nowadays I think most on calls regimes are not too bad.