• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sandeep

worried, job sitution?

10 posts in this topic

hey guys ,

I thought once I have passed I will not be short of oppurtunities.

I went to hand over my job application for Spr (wales)and was told that they had seven applications for a single post, I am bit scared .This is same place where four posts were left vacant two years ago becos of lack of applicants.

When I ring up locum agencies they say nothing much is suitable as yet.

Are others experiencing same things?

Is psychiatry going to be new bottle neck speciality?

will nice to know whats happening in other parts of uk?

hey sandeep,

you forget that your name appeared on the pass list with 268 others... others who are looking for a job just like you.

i don't think there's any bottle neck in psychiatry....yet!

be patient, even if one is developing you have the qualifications to put you in good stead for jobs.

you should be grateful you're not competing with hundreds of others which seems to be the case with SHO rotations now...

speak to senior collegues and put out your 'feelers' you'll surely land a good job soon. ;)

dear x

Exactly thats my point, similar number passed last time and the time before but posts were available .

And for your information, my name wasnt there in the elite list you have mentioned.

and regarding SHO mentioned, doesn't it stand for you as well

Anyone else getting twitchy about the lack of jobs coming through? I so do not want another SHO job..

Che

hope you guys read my post in careers advice  :'(

Hi Sandeep,

It's not the North Wales (Wrexham & Bangor) rotation you have applied for by any chance?

If it is, I'm one of those 7 people you are up against!

X, I beg to differ, there is a bottle neck building up, in Liverpool there are only 4 SpR posts up for grabs, 2 in General Adult and 2 in Old Age. 15 people from the Merseyside Rotation passed their part 2 exam this time and we all want those jobs. Most of us are settled with homes, partners, children in Local schools, mortgages etc. Non of us really wants to move. In fact some of us are from Merseyside and our parents and siblings live locally, so we have even less desire to move.

Clearly not all of us will get those jobs, I'm quite resigned to being an SHO for another 6 months.

I was worried until my consultant suggested long term locums or non-grad post to fill time unit numbers are advertised in BMJ.

As an aside, has anyone received their Certificate? i predict they are painting them by hand.

Chill Osiris. Hope you are still  a cool cat. Must get in touch with you before August - you must have loads of news! All is well here.

Che (think about it...) xx

I was worried until my consultant suggested long term locums or non-grad post to fill time unit numbers are advertised in BMJ.

As an aside, has anyone received their Certificate? i predict they are painting them by hand.

Chill Osiris. Hope you are still a cool cat. Must get in touch with you before August - you must have loads of news! All is well here.

Che (think about it...) xx