• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fola

slary scales

5 posts in this topic

can anyone who understands how a persons pay is protected/increased by doing a short staff grade post work out please explain it to me?

does the same apply if one was doing locums?

how does it all work out?

what if one was on the highest pay point for a staff grade, would they still carry this over to an spr post?

help!!!

confused.

??? ??? ???

I don't think it counts for locums. The best people to advise are the BMA. 6 months staff grade salary is certainly protected.

Your basic salary is protected. SpRs' on call pay is usually less than SHOs' on call pay and I think this is often what causes a drop in salary on moving to an SpR post.

If you carry out locum work it is definately not pay protected , a sustantive trust grade post would result in pay protection especially if you do it for 6 months plus. You basic staff grade salary would put you higher up on the SpR pay scale(maybe even off it) and then you would get your out of hours multiplier(most SpR`s i know are on at least a 1.5 multiplier). ;)