• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lenakathiravan

Nottingham

7 posts in this topic

Friends

I am shortlisted for SHO rotation in Nottingham. Please tell me how good academically the place is? I am now a supernumerary SHO in Maudsley. I am interested in research and academic activities - esp. psychopharmacology and biological psychiatry. Are the chances good at Npttingham?

Maudsley has not called for rotation yet. What shoul;d I do?

Someone in the forum was of the view that we should opt for SHO rotations with a view of registrar posts - how far to go with this?

Please opine.

i dont know how desperate you are for a job.if u want to move on attend the interview and get the job.

where ever ur if u finish your mrcpsych you will get into the spr rotation.

NOTTINGHAM IS A ABOVE AVERAGE ROTATION IN MY OPINION. NO HARM IN GOING TO INTERVIEW. GO THERE, KNOW MORE ABOUT IT AND MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

GOOD LUCK...

Thanks pals! Let me see what the day has in store for me!!

I am worried of the fact that some trusts report to GMC if we decline after initial acceptance!! I dont know whether this will become a threat to careers of beginners like me!!

Thanks pals

I am into Nottingham rotation. Now I am shortlisted for Charing Cross too. Already I missed Birmingham Interview not being able to choose. Now let me know what is best please!!

accepting a job and there turning it down cos you get offered another is rude and unprofessional IMO. up to you though.

i did the SHO scheme in nottingham. some good jobs and bad jobs on the rotation (as everywhere). overall i enjoyed it. the course they offer is a masters (benefit) and you get protected research time in the later part of that (which is unusual), problem was that it didn't match mrcpsych syllabus/pattern very well at the time i did it(obvious drawback).

hi johnnie

Tx for the suggestion. I dont want to be unprofessional - I have clearly explained my position to the people concerned . Anyway now I am planning to take up Nottingham rotation especially for the research time guaranteed!

I hope I clear MRCPsych first attempt!!