• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lenakathiravan

Neuropsychiatry / Liaison

2 posts in this topic

Hi pals

I want to do Neuropsychiatry . Now I am at the early stage of my career - doing a non training SHO at the Maudsley and have landed in Nottngm rotation from Feb 2005.

I observe that many neuropsychiatrists at IOP are with dual membership i.e MRCP and MRCPsych.

Is it possible to do both nowadays.?

MRCP needs minimum 12 months medical training as SHO - given the job situations and difficulty of membership exams - is it really possible to go and do both? I dont want this to delay my SpR rotations.

I am very confused.

Please POUR DOWN your opinions.!!!!

I have thought of going down this route. It is very interesting but end point jobs are a little scarce. &nbsp:lol:oing rotations in Neurology is probably a must.....could count towards the MRCPsych but you will have to convince your scheme to let you off. At the end of the day, it is experience and exposure....the letters ie MRCP will just let others know you thought about it and was keen enough to take the time.....in this combi of sub-specialties, be prepared to want to do research and seek publications.....it is more academic than say a gen job.....you are in the right place to be speaking to people so make use of it before you leave the IOP....good luck