• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
niyi

Where are all the Spr jobs?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

3 months after passing part 2 still no Spr post ??? ??? ???. Does anyone know what time of the year they are advertised? Its looking like ill have to take a staff grade post in the interim ,which brings me to my next question, how much can I safely demand(without risking getting my head shot off :o :o :o) considering ive got membership. Does anyone work in Reading, whats it like? As u can see im rather thought disordered at the moment so Im off to take my Largactil ( Lager :lol: :lol: :lol:)

Ain't none around here in Merseyside, I also passed my part 2 in spring, there were 2 posts in North Wales, 5 people were short listed for them.  There were 4 posts in Liverpool and 12 people were short-listed, including about 6 local candidates.  I didn't get that one either.

I'm also looking for staff grade jobs, unfortunately the first one I enquired about, I was told I would have to stay at least a year, as they did not want to be recruiting again in April.  I have another one in my sights at the moment, but it involves a 1 in 5 on call rota, without the benefit of EWTD.

With regards to pay, it is possible to negotiate better pay, especially in a unpopular job with onerous on call duties (like the one I mentioned above).  However most trusts are quite miserly and want to get people as cheaply as possible, MRCPsych or not.

Thanx osiris,

i feel much better knowing im not the only one :lol:

yorkshire deanery usually anounces just before exams!!which means you might have to apply before you pass part2!which i did

And the rotation change over is in OCt

these jobs include leeds/bradford/harrogate/york/hull etc

is the change over really october? some of the closing dates were October 5th! Who makes these rules....

Elvis :-/