• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest venkat_76

which is good.

5 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I am in a dilemma.

Hope people in this forum can guide me.

I have been given 18 month job in nottingham and will be given extension provided I clear part 1 within that time.

I have also been short listed for St.mary's.

Which is better.

Will MMedSci(only in nottingham) make a difference when you apply for SpR.

Kindly advice.

The best place is always the one in which you are happiest- both in your professional and personal life. When you feel happy you will make the absolute best of any job, your confidence will grow and you will KNOW you can achieve any sPr job you want. Some 'top' places are fabulous, with others you have illustrious consultants who are always away at lectures and conferences. Some of the most amazing professionals I have worked with have not been at big teaching hospitals but I have learned and grown professionally rather than just bathing in the reflected glow of a name. I have worked in a variety of hospitals some important, others little DGH's. Honestly the only difference is that at some I have felt valued and enjoyed my job and been much the better psychiatrist for it. Good luck whatever choice you make.

very clear advice from Amygdala there

about the Mmedsci,

its a great course- gives you one day out of the hospital. how far it is useful in getting a Spr job,i don't know but one thing i can say is,not many people have completed it before they become Sprs anyway,at present,in Leeds, people doing the masters final year are all Sprs so i don't think it gives you a great edge when applying for a registrar post

speak to any Spr who finished it before he became an Spr and that might give some insight.

cheers

Hi Venkat

I am Lena - will be starting at Notts this Feb. I have the same dilemma as you have, but I think if you are given 3 years at St Marys you should go for it - atleast you are secure for 3 good years and St Marys is a good place too. MMedSC - the comments above are true I think!

By the way I am shortlisted for St Marys but I wont be attending on 29th - I have given written acceptance to Notts + they have given me 4 years!

I dont think you will have any probs in part1 - if you are sure that this will decide the further extension of training period.

Hope to see you some time soon,

TC

LP

i agree with amygdala.

remeber that schemes which have famous consultants--these people r busy--they r usually off attending conference and therefore there is no adequate supervision.

i think doing the mmedsci course does give you the edge when applying for spr jobs plus u get insight into doing your own research project.