• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neeraj_Bajaj

Confused Plz Guide

4 posts in this topic

Hi  ??? ??? ???

I am presently working as SHO in my 3rd job and am in a 3 year rotation in the South Durham rotation and have been promoted to the senior rotation that is the subspeciality part but the problem is that it is such a big roation and only 3 years that it is diffcult to get the subspeciality posts(no. of subspeciality posts is not enough and has been cricised by the recent royal college visit) and i will end up doing general adult posts even after clearing part 1 and will end my training with not enough subspeciality experience.

I want to move to a better and bigger rotation because i am intrested in Doing a MSc  and am intrested in research work. I have cleared my part 1 recently.

Plz guide me if it is worth moving to a bigger and better rotation midway? will it harm my future prospects ?

Thanks

Uncus

I don'y think yhere is any problem with moving rotations; if anyone wants to know why, just explain your reason. People move around for all sorts of reasons- I have moved rotations a couple of times and I do not forsee any problems whatsoever in securinf an sPr post once I've got my part II. Actually, working in different places gives you an opportunity to see different models of care and to work with a greater variety of people- I am certainly richer for it.

Thanx Amygdala

Its reassuring to know that there is a positive side to changing rotations midway.

I will be applying for rotations for Aug 2005 and i want to apply to a few good ones.

Plz give ur golden words of advice.

People in different rotations have different experiences plz share these exp. with me.

Thannks Again

I've been on the Somerset rotation for the last 4 1/2 years (yes, I know that's a long time) - I haven't known anyone since I started limited to just 3 years.

In terms of jobs I've done 18 months General Adult, 12 months Old Age, 6 months Community Old Age, 6 months LD, 6 months Child & adolescent & 6 months forensic. For the last year I've also been doing a prison inreach clinic fortnightly. Also have Addiction Service, Liason Psychiatry & all the usual politically driven teams.

Nice & friendly down here, good quality of life (& beer still £2 a pint)