cyrus

Oxford SpR interview Qs

2 posts in this topic

Oxford SpR Interview Questions

7 Jan 2005

4 People in panel plus chairman

About 25 minutes long

40 applicants, 10 shortlisted, 2 jobs

1.      What aspect of your CV are you most proud of. “Publications.” Should be able to discuss fully and clearly what you are most proud of. I talked about stigma and expanded on this.

2.      Give an example of yourself working in a Multidisciplinary Team. In it important aspects of MDT working should come out. Better to give example of how MDT was not working and how you managed to rectify the situation. Also need to discuss your strengths and weaknesses in MDTs.

3.      Do you know a recent court case that will have relevance to psychiatry. “Bournewood.” Discuss its implications.

4.      Discuss relevant points in NSF for schizophrenia (All! Need to know all 7)

5.      Describe a further aspect of care for schizophrenia. They wanted me to talk about “CBT”

6.      How would you assess capacity

7.      Tell me about you research. It’s important to have comprehensive understanding of any research plan or proposal. Also be aware of possible implications of its results.

8.      What teaching methods would you use. Mention modern teaching methods. Also expand on how you would attract medical students into psychiatry particularly as part of the foundations years.  

9.      Junior colleague is placing patients at risk, what would you do

10.      Senior colleague is placing patients at risk, what would you do

I had five interviews all together, 4 in London and 1 in Oxford, finally got two offers, so dont give up :)

Wonderful cyrus!

Well done!

Thanx a lot for your info!