• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danielhacking

Locum Agencies in London

5 posts in this topic

Could people please recommend which locum agencies are good for psychiatry in London (preferably North London). There appears to be a huge choice but which ones actually have the jobs and pay best?

I am Year 5 SHO having previously done 2 years of medicine and have just passed MRCPsych. I plan do do locums till the next SpR interviews.

What hourly charge should we request and what are the pros and cons of locum SHO/ staff grade/ SpR. I must say that I am fed up of SHO on-calls and the prospect of staff grade is appealing.

Many thanks for any information.

can anyone advise if it is possible do locum Spr without part 2?

Advice for people planning to do locum work after MRCPsych is that all the agencies require a copy of your up-to-date Criminal Records Bureau Enhanced Clearance. If you do not have a copy they charge you £33 and you have to wait 4 to 6 weeks before you can start working. The CRB only hold copies of your clearance for 28 days after issue. I would therefore advise to ask your Medical Staffing for copies of your CRB whenever it is done during your SHO rotation.