• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drphalaksh

australia?

3 posts in this topic

hia guys,

still premature but need to take some steps.

i was planning to go to australia for 6 months after my part 2 . but some people advised me against it.

do u think it will be difficult for me to get an SPR post if i spend 6 months away from UK. basically i will be doing non training posts in australia.

any advise?

Hi drphalaksh,

Non-training posts in Australia are similar to SHO posts here. They can be accredited for UK training, if the Australian Royal College says that the post is suitable for an Australian trainee. I would say, why wait, why don't you consider going to work in Australia between part 1 and part 2? Some rotations here are able to arrange a temporary placement in Australia (for example, I've been told that Leeds has links with Melbourne).

If you are in a non-training post in Australia after passing part 2, you may find that you do not get the same amount of protected time, research time, special interest sessions etc that your UK peers are getting. But you may also be able to get an SpR place here and defer it for 6/12 so that you can work in Australia.

Ultimately I am sure that you'd have a really good time in Australia and it's a good place to work, so I guess only you can decide what is the right decision for you.

hia timtam thanx for da advise,

i thnk its just me, i wud nt b confortable unless i pass all my examz so dat i can hav quality time in australia [mean fun].

tha v much