Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oroetaluku

Help re:banding

3 posts in this topic

I just left my previous trust where I was an SHO but noticed something strange on my last pay slip.

I am due my annual yearly salary increment every December but noticed only my basic pay but not my banding pay increased.On writing to medical staffing I was told I was on protected pay banding set at November 2003 rates as a result of European Working Time Directive(whatever this means).

I thought and still feel this is wrong as in the past my banding pay has increased with my basic pay.Are they saying my banding pay would never increase from what it was in 2003?Their reply ended with a suggestion to contact my union if I wasn't happy.Unfortunately I'm not a BMA member but would have to join asap.

Anyone has ideas on this issue.

Unfortunately that is true. Thank your stars that your band has not decreased!

I was on Band 2A - 80%

This Feb, my basic scale increased to 7 but my band went down to 40% due to the shift system and resulted in a horrific £850 decline after taxes!! :'( :'( :'( :'(

Contacted BMA and was informed that the basic salary is protected and not the banding ::)

What a joke - in other words, out of my whole salary of £62000, only £34,000 odd are protected :'(

Hope I have made your day! (Just kidding of course!) :lol: :lol: :o

Thanks for your reply carefree.I better stop writing threatening letters to Human Resources dept and keep my mouth shut.You still made my day(if u really believe that).