Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slartibartfast

get microsoft professional 2003 for  £17

4 posts in this topic

Speak to your local trust IT guys.. the NHS has a long term deal with microsoft..

so you should be able to get it for 17 quid.. i know i did..

merry xmas and a happy new year..

I did this in March this year-just watch out because the first version they sent me was in Finnish. It was quite a mission explaining to them what they had done (and that Finnish is indeed a language quite far removed from English) and getting the right version, but I did in the end.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've just done this as well. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. Single CD shipped from Ireland. Got the info from the Trust's IT department.

No need to approach your IT department if you don't want to: Just enter your NHS e-mail address at the Microsoft NHS website here:

https://www.microsoft.com/uk/nhs/licensing/home-user-program/default.mspx

And you can choose from Office XP or Office 2003, delivered to your door for just £17.

If you wait till mid-January, they will be adding Office 2007. Which is nice.

NHS employees are set to become some of the first people in the UK to get copies of Microsoft Office 2007 when it ships early next year.

Thanks to the Home User Scheme of the NHS's Enterprise Wide Agreement with Microsoft, health service employees will only have to pay a fraction of the standard price to be among the first to get hold of the full copies of Microsoft's new Office software.

John Coulthard, head of health for Microsoft UK, told E-Health Insider: 'If NHS staff order in January they will be among the first in the country to get a copy of the new software.'

He added: 'To get their almost free copy all they have to do is register with their NHS email address on our website, and they can pay £18 to buy a brand new boxed copy of Office 2007.'

NHS staff who don't want to wait until January can already take advantage of the home User Programme, which forms part of the contract with NHS Connecting for Health, to enable NHS staff to buy Microsoft Office 2003 Pro or XP Pro at a hugely discounted price.

The Home User Programme helps NHS employees save more than £300 on each purchase, and is available via a new online resource centre for the NHS. Deliveries are currently taking 8-10 days.

Coulthard says that since launching the new online site in August the take-up of the Home User Programme has been huge.

The boss of Microsoft's NHS business team said that anyone working for the health service buying a computer for home use this Christmas should consider taking advantage of the scheme. 'If you're buying a PC for the home or use by your family you should take a look at this. It's silly to spend more on software than you have to.' [I agree - that's why I use the Pirate Bay :lol: - Arjun]

He explained that the home user part of the NHS EWA was introduced to help ensure all NHS staff have the opportunity to become more familiar with the standard PC desktop and operating system software used across the health service. 'The NHS wants its people to be familiar with the technology they will use at work.'

Coulthard added: 'Putting better technology in people's hand is also a win for Microsoft – it's enlightened self-interest.'