Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest barry

SpR interviews

18 posts in this topic

I know the forum is mainly aimed at people revising for the part i&2.

However I have just interviewed for the local spr rotation .I got the job but found the interview daunting.These questions re NSF Clinical governance etc might come up in the exam.any ideas?

guess you just need to read what they are about before an interview, unlikely to be useful for part 2 though i would have thought , but skills as an SpR are different hence u were asked these questions. but well done on getting the job. :)

&nbsp:lol:isagree that these things are not useful for the Part II- my consultant encouraged me to have a firm grounding on NSF, NHS Plan and other political topics and their effects on psychiatry as they can be useful for dropping into essays of all types esp on things like service development and ethical issues eg stigma. They now also mean preparing for SpR interviews is less daunting.

I'm with Steve on this one ;)

Can anyone suggest some reading material pre SPR interviews along these lines.

I did read up a bit about NHS plan etc for the exam, but it got a bit lost among all the other stuff!

I'm aiming for Child & adolescent, & if anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful,

Thanks ! :)

Hi Morven

Just had my C&A SpR interview yesterday in Manchester (three vacancies, one now filled by me thankfully).

None of the 5 interviewers went anywhere near political stuff. Questions were: take us through your cv; memorable case; why C&A; why Manchester; research experience and interests; teaching experience and interests; what would you if your consultant smelt of alcohol at 10am

It was a pretty benign interview - good luck with yours!

Simon

I agree with Simon on this.... I too was asked similar questions in my C&A SPR interview in july2003... challenging /interesting case.... management experience...

hobbies & positive& negative s..of my personality

recent article read etcetc.....

but took about 40 odd minutes including the 10 minute presentation....

Blackmagic

Hi everyone

Could you please guide me on the SPR interviews and the material they are looking for.

I mean what type of questions they ask and from where to prepare esp Child Psych

Hi, I had my interview yesterday (c&A) and was asked about- problems with my research proposal, An incident in which I had a conflict with the MDT, about my teaching skills and how I use them when teaching sHO's, a difficult and memorable case, how I came to choose child psychiatry, Clinical governance and how it affects me in my current job and how it will affect me in C& A and I can't remeber the rest!

I did get the job so I am delighted and would love to hear how the others did (bristol)

Got SPR Child Psychiatry in Bristol. Can anyone guide me how is the SPR in Bristol.

Also have an interview for SPR in Wales and Newcastle. Can anyone please guide me which one would be the best or better.

Thanks

I am going to start the SpR Child psychiatry too in May. I have been working in Bristol and have been very happy here. There is a good training programme and the consultants are all v. good. There is not yet an academic dept of child psychiatry but the SpR Programme director is very keen on getting one up and running and they are planning to appoint an academic consultant in the near future.

I do not know much about the Wales rotation although I met a couple of the consultants who also seemed extremely nice.

can anyone please tell me what's happening with jobs??

There seems to be nothing advertised for Forensic Psychiatry for the last few weeks.

All that i see is C&A Psych.

I hope something comes up in tomorrow's BMJ.

Good luck to all those who have secured their posts as Spr in the recent interviews.

Amygdala,

I agree. I wish i get a post in Bristol as I love the place and also have lot of friends floating around as Spr's medicine/Radiology etc...

If you have anything coming up in Bristol in the near future(Forensic), plz let me know.

There is nothing that i know of at the moment. The consultant in Forensic psychiatry is Dr Arden Tomison at Fromeside unit, Blackberry Hill hospital, Bristol.

This is the link to the Deanery; as you can see, nothing is advertised:

http://www.swndeanery.nhs.uk/