• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest jammas

advice on visa

12 posts in this topic

Hi, I am an overseas doctor working as a staff grade on work permit visa. I will be starting Spr training in April. What happens to my visa then? Do I re apply for work permit or apply for a different visa ? I would really appreciate some advice.

Thaks

jammas

Yeah - even I would be interested in knowing about that!

Any useful info will be much appreciated!

dear jammas

my understanding is that you gotta be on permit free training if u are a registrar...

i am pretty sure that work permits are not valid for training posts.

the only time u will go back on wrk permit is when u become a consultant 8)

Agree with Doscpurrs.

I used to be on the workpermit visa when doing the staff grade, but had to change it for the SpR job.

You need to get a letter from your employer/PG dean stating that you have been offered this post from --- to ---.Just take this to the home office along with your payslips, bankstatements, photos etc.Generally there is no problem.They now charge you £250, and if you have a dependent take their passport as well and you will not be charged for that.

Once you are a consultant you will be back on the Work permit.

Cheers

yeah we can get a work permit only at the conusltant level. till then its a question of shelving out these 250 pounds to the home office.

if however u use the postal system u only have to pay 155 pounds and ur passport with the visa stamped usually is returned within 4 weeks.

Thankyou all for your replies with useful information

Best wishes

Jammas

you can do SpR, SHO or any other job on HSMP. I got friends at SpR, SHO and consultant level on currently on HSMP.

what is HSMP visa. How do u get it and what are the benefits of it compared to permit free training. can someone advice