Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest drayazuk

Time Needed To Pass MRCPsych-2

3 posts in this topic

HI everybody, i am planning to appear for part-2 in sept 05.i want to know how much time it requires to prepare for the exam, considering my case :-[.... i havent done any preparation for Essay or Critical Appraisal.

Will 4 months be enough time.

If anyone can share how he/she went about the exam,what to read first & from where?

Replies will be highly appreciated .

thanx for reading.

I think this question has been answered by various members at various times so I presume U do not have the patience to trawl the dignified bye-lanes of superego-cafe....

Anyway I think 4mo is enough if U are focussed enough.One of the ways to go about it is to retrace back the way to exam ie break down each section, focus on each by planning say 10 essay like topics,College seminar series on Critical review which has past papers+Lawrie's book & the manchester notes for ISQ's.Plan PMP experience as well as long case presentation way before the exams are due as the time to get them sorted after writtens is too short.Remember its U'r day to day work which pays rich dividents in the exams so use all the experience well.Get into a study group of like minded people to pump each other when the interests flog..(which is bound to happen) try to enjoy the experience,this is a time which U will remember for long...

Tally ho

There's some helpful info in the results of a survey of Superego Cafe members on this page: click here

Average time spent revising was about 4 months, which means starting now  ::)