Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest grace

Advice  IF RETAKING PART 2

5 posts in this topic

I  am on my last job on the rotation, which ends in august.

This is my second attempt at the part 2 clinicals and still awaiting the result.Quite frankly, i am not optimistic, and wondered if i will be able to re-take the next exam in september without being in a traing post.

Does anyone know please?

most certainly ,

however you maybe required to have the post given special academic status by the college for 1 year in order to do the exam .

This will entail you submitting your timetable and responsibilities to the Sub Dean for scrutiny .

Thanks Neopallium,

Does this mean i can do agency locum work ,or no work at all in the next six months, since i would have re-applied in my current job for the september exam before leaving?

Logic tells me that if you applied from an SHO post and you got permission , then if you move to another job you do it your own risk . If you applied from a staff grade post ,only that post will have special educational approval . However if you have completed your SHO time recently you may not need special approval in a staff grade job . You need to write to the Sub Dean of the College to find out where you stand .

Thanks for the advice Neopallium.I am hoping i pass the exam with a stroke of luck, and would not need it,if not i will contact the sub-dean.