• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poppy

working in australia in psychiatry

4 posts in this topic

hi

iam one of the sho in psychiatry done my part 2 waiting for results.i want to work 6months to year in australia.my hubby is starting his fellowship in royal melbourne children hospital. how to apply for a job in australia? can someone help me? : :D

Having worked in queensland for 3 years, I found the best way was just to call hospitals up - amazing how easy it could be. Got a job in a teaching hospital in central Brisbane just by a phone call. Urban Melbourne may be different but worth a try. Alternatively, there are agencies which pair you up though they will probably try to persuade you into more rural posts. On the plus side, they help with the visa a bit. Had a great time anyway, sure you will too.

The best way is to email.Google : Mental health Melbourne or similar then email.The australian system is starved of Psychiatrists and you should get a job easily.I've just returned from a stint in Sydney.

You will be Phone-interviewed once you've found a trust which is interested.Early intervention, and in Melbourne's case Forensics especially Professor Mullen's work on stalking will come up in your interview probably.