• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyclothymic

the ultimate nightmare

8 posts in this topic

what happens if the college sends a candidate a letter saying that they regret informing him/her that after a recount fo the results they found that he/she did not score enough to pass the membership exam? has anybody heard of a similar situation in the past? what are the implications ??? ???

Actually I heard the exact opposite of this mate, one of my friends was given a fail in his part 1 to begin with but later he got a letter saying that he has passed the exam and that the previous error was due to computer fault!! ???

sounds a bit obessive that one should worry about such an unlikely eventuality .. thats what the college does to u though,, enduring personality changes post exam :P:lol:..

however there seems to be a process of revison that does exist following the publication ,, do u know how much time it took them to correct their mistake?

Cyclothymic

Was the original result pass and was the person concerned sent a confirmation (in written) that he/she passed?

Also what was the time gap in the publication of results and recieving the letter of 'Regret'.

Its completely unfair, if the candidate has recieved a Pass confirmation in written and then be told of the 'Regret'.

Anyway, let me know more details if you need further advise.

thanks mickey ever so much for taking intrest ,, this was a hypothetical situation ,, nevertheless i am sure ur advice would be apprecaited in case such a situation does occur,, :-X

for argument sake the person has recieved a letter from the college confirming the result ( a Pass ),, and stating that this letter could be used as evidence for the reslut untill a certicificate has been issued,, however if u read the previous reply u will coem to know that the college does sometimes revise their results and send letters to the contrary to the initial result. , what are the realistic possibilites that a situation liek this occurs,, and what shoudl the candidate do putting in mind that whole life plans depends on this

thanks once more

hmmm!

don't think you can be given a pass and then be failed. as said earlier, failed but then passed will be possible.

if royal college decide to fail someone after they gave in writing that the person passed, unless they have very strong reasons- like copying or defectors etc, they will have very tough time if taken to court.

if something like that has happened, i would advice that person to seek the help of BMA and ask if they can give any help legally.

Cyclothymic

I agree with the above two responses from our colleagues.

I can tell you that I know of at least a couple of cases. Such things happen and the results are subject to change if exceptional circumstances existed and the college was not aware at the time of publishing the results.

Anyway, fortunately, I do not know of anyone who has passed at first and later sent a letter of 'regret'. A complete nightmare situation, if this was to happen and as Paranth said, the college ought to have a very strong reason to do so!