• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest grace

HELP, RE: Will i loose my pension?

5 posts in this topic

Please could someone advice, if i take a break from nhs job, and locum for over six months, what happens to my pension?

What happens to my previous contribution and can i still keep up for the six months?

Any advice will be useful.

Many thanks.

If you do an NHS locum it is all included automatically. If you do any agency locum you can (and probably should) continue to make contributions.

You can ring them on: 01253774440

Hope that helps

I worked overseas for nearly a year and was told that it wouldn't affect my pension by the pensions agency, so don't worry. If your beak is longer you should contact them

taking a break does not create any problems with your pension but for one small thing with the old scheme-

by the old scheme your pension depended on the pay you receive in the last year before you retire so if you worked one year lesser, your pay would have been that 1.2% or something lesser than the pay you would have got if you work this one year now and so will reduce the pension by that small amount!

with the way things are going in the nHS, don't worry we may never receive a pension because of deficits and i wouldn't be surprised if we worked till the age of 70. cheerio!

Dear:      Omniol, Evan, Paranth,

Very many thanks for your advice.

Well appreciated.

Grace.