Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
docsimmi

Can one do SpR jobs on HSMP visa

4 posts in this topic

Hallo everyone,

Would appreciate some feedback if one can do SpR jobs on HSMP visa. Is there anyone out there who is doing so. I am already on HSMP and would be soon starting an SpR job so would like to know if I need to change my visa status

I think you can but how long is your HSMP visa? As most SpR rotations are 3 years, you can get an extention of your permit free status for that length of time. At £500 a visit to the immigration dept and possible increases in the next few years, I think you would need to maximize your time and minimise your cost.

hi docsimmi!

you can work on a HSMP visa thats no problem.

the HSMP is superior to the training visa though it may be available for only a shorter period initially because you can convert to ILR(indefinite leave to remain) with the HSMP sooner than with the training visa.

i am not on a HSMP visa but i know couple of friends who are on it and are Sprs now. you can have a chat with the home office on their phone if you are not convinced and get it clarified for yourself

One is eligible to to take up ANY employment in the UK on HSMP visa status. The extension of visa is a formality and it does not depend so much upon the future prospects as upon activity in the first year after the visa is first issued. Simmi..you worry too much about too many things..chill out please.