Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest rajashree

dual training

8 posts in this topic

hi friends

i will be applying for SpR jobs soon . would like to know the advantages in future career prospects in dual training specially doing old age ang general adult. is it possible to become a consultant in either of the two specialities? and when asked in the interviews why do you want a dual training , what does the panel want to hear?

From what I gather, they would want to know why are you duel training? Is it because you cannot make up your mind or there is a different reason? I know 2 who are currently duel training are doing it because they want to do old age liaison. Generally, most on the panel are from General Adult but you would need to tailor your answers to suit both fields.

On another note, I hear dual training might not be offered in the future or on a reduced scale as General Adult psychiatrists are tired to training people who more often than not in the end will work in Old Age.

in 3 years the only specialization available will be general adult and child, ???so dual will account for nothing but if you are young :-* ,it is a good way to extend your training.

does this mean that someone can become a consultant in Learning dis with a gen adult / child training ?

dear SH and Bangude

thanks for the replies -- could you pls clarify about the old age liasion post -- is there any such consultant posts available?

do the panel see it justifiable that you want to train in two and then become a consultant in one speciality only?

raaj,

I am not aware of such a specific role at this moment in time as normally the old age team that does all the liaison work. However, it is something to be considered in the future and for service development.

About getting dual accreditation and then just doing one, that is what's happening at the moment and thus the GA poeple getting annoyed in a few trust. I am already aware of some trust not reusing any dual numbers, instead converting them to single - thus the above plans.

Good luck with the job hunting.