• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
super7577

MRCPsych = SpR (sooner or later)??

3 posts in this topic

Is it true that everybody with MRCPsych does get an Spr post (if they want one, that is) sooner or later...any exceptions anybody aware of???

Getting the MRCPsych alone does not guarantee entry onto the SpR grade. Applicants for SpR posts all have the MRCPsych qualification , but what tells them apart is usually what is referred to as 'desirable criteria' on the application forms : i.e. research , publications , management experience. I passed the MRCPsych in Spring 2004 , but have not made the shortlist for SpR interviews yet.

psychdoc it all depends on the amount of competition you are up against . Training schemes nowadays are like boys in sweet shops ( to quote a scheme supervisor) . For a reason not fully understandable , there has been a rush on places available . I had an unusual experience when i applied . On first attempt I was given a last minute interview but i was too late to accept . On second and third attempts i didnt even get a last minute interview despite tarting up my application form . At the 4th round of interviews with a greatly improved application form i got an interview and the rest is history .

So in answer to your question , it is not a guarantee and it is getting harder all the time to get a training number . The sole discriminating factor being audit /research .