• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anupam

North West (Manchester)SpR Training scheme

5 posts in this topic

Dear Fellows,

Could someone please tell me more about the Manchester SpR training scheme. I am due to send my application soon but would like someone to throw some ' words of wisdom' about the quality of training / clinical work -supervisions ,research opportunities etc. I am quite keen to do a year in Liaison /Addictiond and desperate to get into research . Do they have any separate SpR post at the University department (academic / SpR).

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

What a frigid response I got for this post :o :o :o

Just been viewed 32 times (Out of that ,it was me who viewed it atleast 6 times) ...........and not even a single response.........does the name Manchester put people off ? :( :( :(

Come on ..........please help me out :'( :'( :'(

Hi ,

I hope you dont find this response too hackneyed but there seems to be a message in the lack of replies to this post .

I would speak to the scheme organiser , talk to consultants or trainers or other SpRs on the scheme to get an idea about what's on offer . This might also come up in an inteview .

Pardon my ignorance but in southern England we apply to the local deanery not the scheme , does that not happen in other parts of the country ?

For answers, why not contact SpRs involved with the scheme, via their website:

http://www.psychiatrynorthwest.co.uk/

There's an email form to contact the SpR representatives who can answer all your questions. There are liason/addiction posts and research is encouraged. There are research posts affiliated with the university.

In my own opinion, the training scheme is the best out there, although I could be biased... ;)

Thanks Neopallium and Webmaster.

I'll try what you both have suggested.

Sorry Neopallium , you are right ,It is the scheme for the entire North West deanery and not limited only to the Manchester area.