Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dryiabbasi

Change of VISA Status- Policy Change

4 posts in this topic

The lady at the Royal College did inform me of another thing........ she said you can't change your visa status in country anymore and if you do want to change it then you will have to go back to your country of origin.

IS THAT TRUE..... I havent got in touch with the home office yet but they were changing alot of policies!!!!

Abbasi

That only applies to tourists and those people who have been granted a visa for six months or less.

If you are working as a Doctor, you should not have a problem at all. Otherwise most of the doctors will have to go back to change thier visa status. I'm pretty certain on this one, so wouldn't worry at all.

This must be fairly new, as I changed my visa status 6 months back and did not have any problem. I think rather than going on other people's experience, you should try to speak to the home office yourself and find out.

I know 3 of my friends who changed form Permit free to Work permit for Consultant jobs in the last 6 weeks and none of them went to their home country.

However they did have to go to Croyden. Even though the trust applies for your work permit, after you get it, you have to go to Croyden Home office to get it stamped on your passport, and pay of it as well!.I guess Work Permit is no longer free.