• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
docsimmi

URGENT-SpR training on HSMP

21 posts in this topic

Hallo,

I need urgent information. I am on HSMP and due to start an SpR job. The deanery/Royal College is insisting that I have to be on a permit free training for that. I need urgent information and advice from SpRs who are doing their training on the HSMP and also the contact details of the person whom I should talk to in the royal college to discuss this matter. I have to send the forms in by wednesday, therefore please mail me asap.

What difficulties are yopu encountering on getting your permit free status? If you were offered a SpR number, you automatically can get permit free status. I got mine recently and the nice chap at immigration told me if an applicant brings along the documentation, they will give a permit free to the length recommended by the post grad dean.

I do not want to change my status to permit free training again. HSMP counts towards permanent residency later on whereas PFT does not and I was given to understand that there are SpRs on HSMP, so it is a done thing. I just would like to speak to some SpRs on HSMP to get clearer idea about this issue so that I can speak to the deanery.

This is a bit of surprise to me also.

I recently got my HSMP hoping that I would be able to do any job / training post I wish.

If this isn't the case then it is going to be equally disappointing to me as well.

I hope it works out well for you docsimmi.

I guess there will be tons of people in similar situation.

All the best

Thanks, Mr Bond. Whereabouts are u in your training. SHO/SpR/Staff grade or anything else

Me too.Accepted for hsmp I thought it was alright to get into spr with Hsmp. i,m a sho now. Whats the point of sending documents away then if i have to change over to pft again. As well apply for hsmp later once i get PFT in spr. Sorry Drsimmi dont kow why they r telling you this. Strange! I,ll try and speak to colleagues here and will let you know if anyone has entered spr with hsmp. GOOD LUCK.

Hi

I am also in the SHO rotation at the moment but was planning for HSMP by the end of this year. I tried calling home office regarding this issue and they were very vague about the details and said i could do any employement in the UK. So i rang up the royal college and the put me through to a lady called Joana Carol, unfortunatley she is on her annual leave at the moment ... so i have left my name and number with her and hope that she gets back to me to ASAP.

I shall post any updated infor i have regarding this issue.

Goodluck and Good bye

Regards

Abbasi

I have spoken to the BMA who have confirmed that their representative has spoken to someone in the homeoffice as have I, who has confirmed that both training and nontraining posts can be done on the HSMP, but of course the deanery has to take this on board

That's a bit encouraging

I don't think it should a problem now as the homeoffice has confirmed what their stand is on this matter.

As long as the Homeoffice is satisfied,why should deanery be unhappy ?

anyway,fingers crossed...........

Let me know what happens next please , docsimmi,

I will be following in your footsteps soon,

I am a staff grade waiting to find a suitable SpR job

Goodluck...........

the home office don't give a rats tail about what work anyone does when they are on a HSMP visa.i don't know why the deanery have any problems. going onto a PFT from a HSMP is a step back in the visa career.the home office helpline should give more information unless things have changed since i last spoke with them.

if home office have no problems, the next complication is how do we get that information to the deanery.there is no further information on the website regarding this and i have mailed them for some help.if i get a proper reply, i shall post this.cheers

i was planning about the HSMp as well but i guess i will wait to find out the reality before stepping into it!

interesting why the deanery don't want you on the HSMP!

I've been on it for a year now and hope my deanery will not cause any problems (recently got an SpR post and waiting to start).

but then I know plenty of SpR's who're already on the HSMP visa so why then ???...

More than the deanery not wanting you to be on HSMP, the problem is that they do not know what it is. So I have now sent them links to the homeoffice website and downloaded info. Lets see....

Hallo,

Just wanted to let eveyone know that the daenery had agreed that one can do the SpR training on HSMP. Just waiting now to get my formal number and letter from the deanery. Thanks a lot to all the people who replied and got in touch with me regarding this issue.

Thats great!!! now I can send my documents too. Thanks a million for letting us know.

Cheers docsimmi

congrats

Thanks to you also for keeping us updated at every point .

simmi,

that was very kind of you to let everyone know what happened.many will be relieved to know that they can be SPRs on the HSMP visa.thanks for bringing this up and giving us the answer.best wished for your future.

Well i did get a call from the Royal College today regarding my query, in her words 'i am not sure but i dont think you should have any problems in continuing your training under HSMP but you should also discuss this with your college tutor and deanery'

So not any great help...but i see docsimi got her problem solved.

CONGRATS

Can anyone tell me what is this HSMP thing? Never heard of it before. Sorry for my ignorance I am from Ireland so I am not famaliar very much with these terms.

childpsych

By the way I got my Permit free Training Visa from Dublin and it wasnt a problem at all. I was working in Ireland.

Do they give Visiting NTN number to those who are on permit free training visas.

Hope to hear from you soon

HSMP is highly skilled migrant program visa. You can get all the info you need from the workpermits website