• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest xtc

visa problem

20 posts in this topic

dear guys and girls, I have a query regarding my visa. I have a sho job until feb 2006 but my permit free expires in nov 2005 . what are my options as i realised only very late that this is the case and also going home for 3 weeks in july and back 3 weeks before my visa expires.

I know the dean is not going to be kind on me. i will be applying for hsmp tomorrow, although also explained it to be urgent I do not know how long would it take. Also lookin out for staff grade post ?. Has anyone been in this situation before? what are the options? please reply and help ur friend in need.

Yeah XTC. Just get the recommendation from the postgrad dean. Call the home office and make an appointment... They're quite flexible... You go to Croydon or the nearest centre... pay the fee. Last time it was £250... heard it's £500 now and you'll get the visa withoin 1 hour. They were suprisingly nice to me last time, although I had used all my 4 yrs of permit free... Take a letter from your employers too... and bank statements of course!

Just to add a bit to Hani's advice

Don't forget your

-passport

-letter from accomodation manager

-last 3 payslips and

- of course the letter from the Dean and the application form!

(I am quite obssessive, am I not?) :-/ :'( :-/

All the best!  :);) :-*

how long does it take to get hsmp visa?My pft expires in january as well ....will i get hsmp by then if i apply now?

i am getting a staff grade job as well....with no oncalls so salary will go down should i take that ?or cont with sho n apply 4 hsmp

HSMP

Service standard: 50% of applications to be decided within 5 weeks of receipt at our payment handling service and 90% in 14 weeks.

Key Changes to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme Guidance Notes

15 June 2005

Customers should be aware that new guidance for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) was introduced on 12 April 2005.

Key changes introduced in the new guidance are detailed below.

Introduction of two separate sets of guidance, one for applicants under 28 years of age and one for applicants of 28 years of age and over.

Clarification of the kind of documentary evidence that will be accepted in support of an HSMP application.

Due to potential instances of forgery customers should note that, under the new guidance, any documentary evidence provided should be an original.

As notarised copies of documents have previously been accepted, we are issuing a period of ?due notice? to customers. Notarised copies of documents will therefore only be accepted in support of applications posted on or before 15/07/2005.

After 15/07/2005, all applications should include original documentation in line with the new guidance. If supporting evidence supplied after this date consists of copies (even where these are notarised copies) it is unlikely that the application will be approved.

If there are exceptional circumstances where an original document cannot be provided, full details of the reasons should be included with the application. Only where compelling reasons are provided will a notarised copy of a document exceptionally be accepted.

Clarification of the review process for HSMP applications. Customers should be aware that a maximum of two reviews can be requested in respect of any application. Customers requesting a review should attach a covering letter only clearly stating the reasons for review. Additional informational should not be sent with the review request. Any additional information received will not be considered unless a fresh application is made.

Customers submitting applications under the HSMP should ensure that they refer only to the current set of guidance available on this website

If you require an urgent decision, you may submit an urgent treatment request by completing a form

For further information on the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme go to www.workpermits.gov.uk

Zonk - I think u have still got a lot of time.

All the best! ;)

I applied for HSMP in June 04 and got my stamped passport back in march this year. However this can vary and standards may have improved but DO NOT count on this.

gosh things are not too rosy I guess, but anyway best of luck!

cheers

XTC,

don't think i can give more advice on HSMP than what carefree has given but onething i would say is,find out if you can get it done at home-it shall be cheaper.i know my friend got his workpermit done in 2 weeks when he went.

the VFS should be able to give you a good idea about it.take last on years financial statements and salary certificates, your accomodation letters, GMC certificate and your job contract.anyway the visa gets extended for 1 year first then further. its 500 punds as hani said.it is cheaper t do things back home.check it out,take things, if it works great1 if not,have your back up from your dean till the end of your rotation.gives you enough time to process your HSMP here if needed.

good luck.

hey xtc, could you plz come back and tell us whats happened with your application, if its all gone well for you it will be very encouraging for others in a similar situation as you are now.

cheers

hey,thanks for all that mail. dean has signed and visa until dec. but also applied for hsmp and got that through in a weeks time. so thanks again guys. :) :)

Dear xtc

Do u mean u got the HSMP visa in a week's time?

If so - CONGRATS! ;):) :-*

I started with HSMP process in the 2nd week of May and here I'm today with my passport stamped with Leave To Remain. That was surprisingly quick for me and I congratulate Home Office for having improved their service tremendously.

I am very pleased and also encourage people who are still contemplating to apply for HSMP.

Hi Xtc,

Please get in touch as I need your advice regarding visa.

Thanks----Rosie

hi everyone:

i posted before regarding the HSMP visa which seems to be the solution that everybody goes for, but what i don,t understand is how come all of you (talking to SHOs) managed to fullfill the criteria of 5 years or more experience& salary over 40k...etc????!!!!!

i don,t have that as an SHO and i thought most SHOs get paid the same!!!

am i missing something or my situation is different or what???????

please help :'( :'(

hi everyone:

i posted before regarding the HSMP visa which seems to be the solution that everybody goes for, but what i don,t understand is how come all of you (talking to SHOs) managed to fullfill the criteria of 5 years or more experience& salary over 40k...etc????!!!!!

i don,t have that as an SHO and i thought most SHOs get paid the same!!!

am i missing something or my situation is different or what???????

please help :'( :'(

Hi Injy,

With your on-call banding plus basic you can easily cross 40,000 if I am not wrong. For HSMP, you do not have to tell them your basic but your over all earnings. I also do not think they look at number of years of employment, but why don't you check on the website

As docsimmi said, it is the gross salary that u earn that counts. Regarding 5 years experience, u can include all ur experience, anywhere in the world, not just the experience u have in uk as an sho.

hi

the criterea are different for people under 28 years

we need only 2 years experence !!

also other rules are less rigid :P

thanks alot docsimmi and sands73 for your advice

and to pratish congrats for being younger than 28 :o :o