• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drkantham

posts during your rotation

16 posts in this topic

hi guys,

i kindly request your advice and suggestions regarding my situation.

i am currently in a rotation for the past 3 yrs. i have passed my part 1 and part2 theory awaiting practical results.

i have just been notified about my next placement by my tutor which is a very busy post and which i have already done in beginning of my training.currently i am working in a busy post as well.

over the past 2 yrs i have been given the most busy posts without my consultation.it is clearly striking that there is racial prejudice in allocating posts where some sho's are treated specially.

now i donot want to continue in this post.how should i go about it.speaking to tutor would not help much.should i just resign ,will it effect my career and references,should i protest if so how.

i am just not able to think properly , please advice me

thanks

Focus on learning and getting the most out of the job..if you pass Part 2 concentrate on developing your career..everything else is secondary and temporary.

I agree with the previous comments...

if you feel it is all down to race, then this will not change much in you next job, unless it is not in this country...

if you pass, great....just build up your CV....!

if not, try once more...!

I find it strange though ...did you say they gave you a job you have already done?

good luck anyway with whatever you decide!

:)

I think u have been given a raw deal if u have been asked to do a post which u have already done once, again. Again, if u have done most of the specialities over the last 3 years it wouldn't matter. However if they have just made u do gen adult and old age and sending u back to the same post, without giving u a speciality, I think u should speak to ur tutor frankly, asking why u have not been given the posts u have asked for. Especially since u have made good progress as well, passing exams promptly.

You could also consider taking 6 months out of the rotation, without resigning from it!

i think this happens all the time everywhere in india n uk.so u are not the only one who is affected by this.I have never got the post   i wanted but been given the leftover posts despite me being senior to other junior drs.I have just worked hard n got excellent references from all the consultants i have worked with .So u can turn the tables to your advantage.

i dont think they can make u repeat a job with the same consultant but if they do ..i think its lovely.I would love to go back n do a job with the consultants i have worked with becoz u know them v well, u know what they like n dislike, u know the secretary, infact u can impress the consultant further n get a brilliant reference.

As a trainee, I dont think it is beneficial to work for the same consultant or do the same job more than once. This is more troublesome if you hadn't liked the job previously for whatever reasons.

I think it would be justifiable to ask for a change, because tutors are supposed to keep this in mind anyway, due to issues of training

kantham,

my view is similar but slightly different to the others. no tutor will give a very busy job to a SHO unless they think that person is capable of doing it.they know that if you call off sick due to stress that will add more worries to them. but if you think you have got a raw deal all the time and haven't done much specialties at all then as suggested by our colleagues should have a frank discussion with your tutor.

if you are worried to speak, shun it and start speaking for yourself from today or else your voice will never be heard.i don't mean go with all guns blazing but express your view strongly.

Good luck for your results tomorrow.i think once you pass the exam your dilemma is shortened.you can take up a Spr post(not that its easy to walk into) and leave your job with a solid reason!

resigning a job i am afraid does not look bright on your CV at all.so never do it.take a different job-even a staffgrade before leaving this job.but i would think that you would be on the old deal banding and you would take a big financial step down. so you have to weigh those things as well. anyway, don't think about this now, think about it when the euphoria of passing your exam has gone down tomorrow. good luck

Dear drkantham,

medicine is a hard life. it surely is not for the faint hearted especially if you want to continue along the career path to one day being a consultant. endless exams, hustlings for jobs, hard unsociable hours, unsupportive colleagues, not getting the right jobs. it is a hard slug isn't it? keep your chin up and try and remember why you started it all in the first place.

all the best tomorrow.

i personally think it all depends on the college tutor.the fact that he is aware of your situation n does not want to do anything about it itself shows he has a biased way of working.Going n saying anything to him will not make much difference...However if the college tutor is a reasonable person who listens to you n talks sense you should go n speak to him/her.

Some asian consultants have a different way of behaving with asian SHO's n a diff attitude towards the british candidates.They are more scared of the british SHO's who express their thoughts openly while they try to act more difficult with the asian candidates.

whatever u do just keep cool n dont worry too much about it...you will learn something new in whatever post u take...with the same consultant or another consultant.I feel you can learn a lot in repeating the same post ...in india we do post graduation under the same team for 3 yrs ...

hi guys

thanks a lot for your ideas and sugesstions, it helped me to look at things in a different perspective, anyway thanks again

:)

well done...!

it does give you a different perspective to the dilemma now...!

well done! congratulations and as godzilla has said,

you have a lot more leverage to work with now! best wishes for your future.