Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magna

World Affairs

55 posts in this topic

Very interested to know how my colleagues think about this issue? Feel free to discuss whatever this poll brings up for you.

the fact that there is even a suggestion the 9/11 wasnt a bin laden financed terrorist plot isnt interesting

it is paranoid conspiracy nonsense and i would be suprised if supposidly intelligent doctors believed otherwise

I don't think it's too late to discuss the most important event in 21st century history. Particularly when this event was one of the justifications for going to war in Afganistan (people still dying!) and even more indirectly for going to war in Iraq (lots more people still dying).

well.. the list goes on magna..

now itz somalia after afghanistan and iraq

whatz happening with the US foreign policy?

itz making new enemies everyday and the world has become a very unsafe place to live..

thanks to mr bush

Frankly I'm insulted that there is a suggestion that i'm not an intelligent doctor for entertaining the possibility that there was an American conspiracy. As doctors we are trained to critically appraise information. This skill can be applied beyond RCTs and the like. Should we have taken the words of the Bush administration and the American media to represent good evidence? Especiallly since when you look at it both parties have competing interests.

Thanks for the post rddoc. It is indeed an unsafe place, but only if you're 3rd world or there abouts, perhaps with oil or your country would make a nice place for an oil pipeline. Generally in the western world it is safe. Infinitely more people die from road accidents and i suspect terrorist deaths have been stable (in UK and US) if you look at it over the last few decades. I make this point because it was the 'we're unsafe in the western world' argument that had some of us (shamefully even myself) tricked into thinking the Iraq war was a good idea).

After hearing the news i thought that the oil underground in the persian gulf has drifted

to Africa somehow and thats why the US attacked parts of Somalia.

Magna joined this forum yesterday and he straightway started a poll on world affairs and that to about 9/11.I find this whole thing a bit fishy.I don't know what others think any comments welcome.

Even the suggestion that 9/11 was the handiwork of the Americans is highly disconcerting..I cannot believe that there are people who still subscribe to such outrageous conspiracy theories,especially after Bin Laden himself owned up to the attack and martrydom videos of the attackers have been released. It is obvious that there are people out there who hate the West for various reasons and would stop at nothing to undermine its existence. Unlike the Iraqi invasion, I believe the West's intervention in Afghanistan and Somalia are wholly justified. For the unconvinced, watch Dispatches 'Meeting the Taliban' on Channel 4 (aired last night but sure to be repeated in coming weeks) and Dispatches due to go on air on Monday 15/01/2007 at 8:00pm(Channel 4)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/12/wpak120.xml

hahahhahahahhahahhahhahahhahaha

kris get out of the so called modern world and see what the US has done to the not so powerful. Aint it easy to just say everyone is a killer jehadi while the west kills anyone it wants to in the name of freedom. what a joke. Saddam was a bud of the americans. Osama did things for the US too. so did general Zia uk Haq, so is Musharraf. Its great to know that its justified to kill over a hundered thousand civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq coz its for freedom. the vietnam war was a just one wasnt it? the soviets attacking afghanistan? the british Raj attacking afghanistan in the 1800's?

watch dispatches right? the media in the west tells u everything doesnt it. how the govt is busy saving the NHS. How a woman wearing a veil is a danger to mankind.

It is obvious that there are people out there who hate the West for various reasons and would stop at nothing to undermine its existence

kris if the west stops killing the east and stops draining them dry of what little they have left and stop telling them how they should live their lives then maybe things might just get a little clearer and better.

ure right sandoc....Im sorry everyone. I just need to learn how to to keep my views to myself

well magna i am sorry for insulting you

yes the us government put lots of islamic radicals on 4 planes(all with contact with bin laden)

they then descided to kill lots of their own civilians( in what would have been a hughly complicated administrative undertaking) and managed to cover it up with the worlds most powerful free press on their doorstep.

Because democratic governments often get away with thing like that............

next news story- Elvis spotted in Ufo at the whitehouse :-? :-?

sarcasm is an art...some people are really good at it. well lets crash a few planes and make that a reason big enough to attack the rest of the world. lets attack iraq coz saddam started mistreating his people just a month earlier...right. the US said' we will never tolerate this' for over 2 decades saddam was a good man treating his people with respect. While we attack Iraq why not help ourselves to some oil too.

I am sure what I am saying is nothing but just a conspiracy theory but then why does it sound so unrealistic? Is it coz the west has never done anything wrong before? ofcourse they havnt......its always the Islamic radicals who have been the villians since the start of civilization.

i forgot the Us government often gets away with cover ups

such as Nixon, Clinton..............

i think we should all believe what we want to believe regardless of the facts or plausability of the situation

right- time for my dinner party tonight. I hope Elvis remembers the wine

Magna joined this forum yesterday and he straightway started a poll on world affairs and that to about 9/11.I find this whole thing a bit fishy.I don't know what others think any comments welcome.

This is fishy?! Just enjoy the discussion my friend, a welcome distraction from MMC talk! Some members were beginning to make me sound paranoid for believing there may have been an American conspiracy, I think you are the only member here who is paranoid, get a grip!

Fact:Bush is an arrogant man driven by delusions of world domination

Fact: There are plenty of radicals out there,motivated by nothing but religious fervour and determined to destory western society and its values which they view as anathema to their own deeply held religious beliefs. Their declared aim is to establish a theocracy based on their parochial views, with no regard for freedom of speech and democracy. Iraq and Afghanistan are just convenient excuses for them to advance their virulent agenda. Remember, 9/11 and the embassy bombings in East Africa came long before Iraq or Afghanistan.

I agree that the US has done nothing to endear itself to the people in the Middle East and elsewhere but fundamentalism has grown into a threat to the enitre civilised world, not just the US or its allies. People who try to explain the fudementalist's actions by placing the blame on US/UK foreign policy are either 1) deluding themselves or 2) sliently approve of them but do not want to be seen as publicly endorsing them.

well magna i am sorry for insulting you

yes the us government put lots of islamic radicals on 4 planes(all with contact with bin laden)

they then descided to kill lots of their own civilians( in what would have been a hughly complicated administrative undertaking) and managed to cover it up with the worlds most powerful free press on their doorstep.

Because democratic governments often get away with thing like that............

next news story- Elvis spotted in Ufo at the whitehouse :-? :-?

Yoda you are quite the jester, although sadly I don't find you very funny. You need to put aside what you've heard from the American press (termed by some as the corporate press) and look up an actual non-profit making organisation called the American Free Press as chance would have it! Start with wikipedia, lots of links to 9/11 conspiracy!

There is evidence to suggest the named radical islamists on the doomed flights are actually alive. This is just one inconsistency with the story we have heard i.e these men died on the flights. I urge you to explore these conspiracy theories, if nothing else they raise some important questions about what happened that day and will change the way you think about the media and Britain's affiliation with America.

For the record I am a white British atheist who watched a conspiracy dvd for a laugh (if nothing else conspiracy theories are entertaining). Please members don't neglect someone's opinion based on a preconception about people who believe a certain thing, i believe this was muted in an earlier posting much to my dismay.

DanA I won't be surprised if you are magna in a different ID ;)

Wow sandoc you have such a critical and investigative mind! Now that's sarcasm.

Look, my intentions are pure; stimulate a political discussion and perhaps if I'm lucky convince people to read up on the subject. I make no secret that it is my first posting. I am logged onto my home computer as DanA, and was so quiet the other day at work I created a second ID because I could not remember my original password and wanted to update the profile (with a pic of Stallone, which actually strikes a remarkable resemblence ;))

So keep the discussion going!! Although my back has been put up by a couple of comments I am sort of enjoying it and assure you that I am a worthy member of the forum. I forgive you for the your suspicions, you must have came across some trouble makers in the past. However it would be extremely wrong of you to silence my discussion and bill me as a rogue member.

9/11 an American conspiracy??Isn`t this exactly the kind of thing we are supposed to treat? ;)

I was watching the Naustradamus programme the other day in which they deciphered that according to Naus---s predictions, Bush will be assassinated and then begins a bloody war game which will be disastrous for the mankind.

I think 9/11 is BinLadens baby and I also believe that it is the battle which is not going to go away soon.