• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Addy

HSMP visa - help !

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Could you please advise me on the following ?

I'm planning to apply for the HSMP visa which I believe is initially given for a year and then 3 years. My level 2 job contract ends Feb. 2007.

In case I don't immediately get an SpR or staff grade job (quite likely in today's scenario), will the next 3-year extension of HSMP still be granted ? In other words, can I apply for the 3-year HSMP extension even without a job offer?

I'd really appreciate some advice. :)

Addy.

As far as I know, for extension of HSMP, you need to show your economic activity over the last 1 year,in other words, if u r in employment u have a better chance of getting an extension. However, I don't think u should be worried.U will certainly get a staff grade post,if not an spr.

Thanks sands73,

For the initial 1-year application, it appears that the employer's letter is needed. I'm not sure if I apply for extension in Jan - Feb 07, would it need an employer letter with a future job offer, or would just the fact that I've been employed and have enough money be enough ?

Thanks for your reassurance about being able to get a SpR or staff grade job. I know the situation now is more difficult for SpR posts - is it not the same for Gen Adult staff grade jobs ?

Any thoughts from anyone ?

Addy :)

Hi

You do not need a job offer for the initial application or the extension for HSMP. All you need is the required 65 points for the initial application and past years economic activity for the extension. The form has a column asking if you have a job offer or not and how easy you think it would be gettting a job.

I got my HSMP approval with 3 months  job offer. They say chances of approval are better with job offer. One of my friend got the renewal on the basis of locum job for 6 weeks.

The whole idea of HSMP was to allow skilled people to come to UK or stay longer even if they do not have a job offer as their presence is important for the country.

cheers

shrink is right.

the initial grant is based on scoring 65 points thats it.then the extension for 3 years is granted without much hesitation, provided you have been financially active in the same field- like being a doctor for the one year(prevents people from taking other jobs that are unskilled i suppose)  check out the website

www.hsmp.uk.com

will give more details.sands is right about saying that you can take any job and get the salary in.thats what matters.go on,apply for it.everyone is changing to HSMP as it is the easiest way forward! ILR in 4 years! what more can you ask for??

Thanks, guys, that's really encouraging. I am definitely applying in the next few days. Just waiting for one of those letters to come through. Have all of the other documents.

Hi Everyone,

An update. I've got my leave to remain within a week of sending the HSMP letter. No problem at all. I'm really impressed with their speed and efficiency, considering Christmas is only a week away !

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Addy :)

does anyone have any idea whether 1 year of complulsory internship done overseas(india in my case) is counted as 1 year work experience out of 5 yr experience post graduate level for HSMP purpose?

gmehta

hello gmehta,

as far as i know, your year as an intern is equivalent to one year of house officer training.  so for all purposes you were working as a post graduate doctor.  it should make no difference that it was compulsory in that country.

i'd say go ahead and count it if it helps.

hello everybody,

does various locum stints over a period of 1 year , count

as a year of post grad work. even if in total you

were only working for say, 7 months ?

regards :)