• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Evan

Locums when training

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if there are guidelines on doing locums when on an SPR rotation during annual leave ? I have been told that they are frowned upon by the deaneries but I am not sure if there are specific guidelines

I have just received my SpR contract with the Trent deanery. It clearly states that we cannot do locum while on SpR training on this scheme. I am sure your contract would have specified either ways whether you can or cannot.

Also specified on my contract. Unable to do locums even when on annual leave. :P

But this is mentioned even in the SHO contract due to EWTD guidelines. However, people are still doing locums within the trust, when the contract specifies locums in or out of the trust are not to be undertaken.

So, I am sure, there is a catch.

I was offered a weekend locum within my trust because an SPR got unwell and they could not find any locum for the weekend and they asked me if I could do it. The Clinical Director knew about it and there was no problem in that way

Another way of doing locums during annnual leave is to do in Republic of Ireland but for that u would have to get registration with Irish Medical Council.

So it all depends on trust to trust.

Childpsych

But this is mentioned even in the SHO contract due to EWTD guidelines.

well that is rubbish cos the ewtd says you can work a maximum of 58 hours per week for each employer, so provided your locums are done for a different employer you will be fine. trusts put clauses in contracts cos they don't know what they are talking about. they used to put the same clause in but with reference to new deal hours limits.