Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anitapierce

Consultantinterviews

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has been interviewed for consultant posts in gen adult..?

Are there any training programs out there?

What are the likely topics to be?

Im sure the webmaster will have something to say on this ....regarding his recent experience.

Any advice on this will be appreciated. :)

There are a couple of useful websites re: medical interviews. They are not specific for consultant posts but I hope this is of some help.

1. www.medical-interviews.co.uk There is a whole list of interview questions for hospital posts, under headings such as CV, personal qualities, communication, leadership, stress, research & audit, teaching, ethical issues, clinical governance & other NHS issues.

They actually run a course too, though I haven't attended.

2. www.doctors.net.uk There is a CPD module on interviews which you can take free of charge after registering to use the site. It has some useful notes on NHS, EBM, Healthcare Commisssion, MDT working, Modernising medical careers, The NHS plan, national programme for IT, NICE, CPD & PDP.

I was aware of some med reps sponsoring some previous sprs to go abroad-brussels for a course for the same...wouldnt be in this quandry if these sprs didnt think that by revealing the information would ::)put them at a disadvantage ::)