• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DK14

CHILD PSYCHIATRY

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone shed some light on the current situation in child psychiatry. Having read the posts on General Adult SPR jobs, the logic tells me that there might be even more competition in Child given that there are fewer consultants, sprs and rotations in child and adolescent.

hi

like any other sub splty depends on which area one is looking at.I know few regions like mersyside which have vacant Numbers(atleast did 6mnths back) and come to yorkshire it is house full with 1/2 NTNs openig up each year.

location location location!

There are overall 11 Child Psychiatry jobs in Mersey side, but only 2 jobs are vacant and might be advertised in a few months. And already there are several candidates waiting!

There were some jobs advertised for the Manchester scheme, I think 4 jobs.But I think you are way past the closing date.

Don't know about other regions.

I am not looking at any specific region although it would be nice to get into some nice schemes like .........?

also, how is the scene with regards to flexible training in child psychiatry?

Sheffield rotation has come up in bmj.

I would also want to know the options for special interest in C & A. substance misuse, psychotherapy and what else?

unlike our adultpsych colleagues,we generally do not have a spl interest (aka get a day out of routine!)so if you are anticipating a full day of 'Spl Interest' be ready to be disappointed.however most schemes have 1/2-1 day of academic programme/week and then some of the sessions we do as part of training are Sp int-eg Liaison paeds/substance misuse etc.even for that matter Family therapy!

all the best

Hi there

in our rotation (SHO) we are required to leave the job once we pass part 2. There are no SpR posts as yet advertised. In such a situation what is the best option?

I have been told that SpR posts in child come up late after results. Is it hugely disadvantageous to stay at home and apply (I have a young child and would love to do that for a few months)

Is there anything I could do during this time which would look nice on my CV and also give me some space.

please advice