• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fola

spr post... training or not?

3 posts in this topic

hi all,

i need some advice or views from people please...

i'm starting my 2nd year as an spr in LD soon but my next placement is in a job where the consultant is winding down to retirement and therefore doing only 2 sessions a week.

there is unlikely to be much clinical supervision and the current  LAT SPR was pretty much left on his own.

i don't want to make a big fuss to the programme director but i'm a bit worried about this arrangement.

there are 2 other consultants on site who have said they will be on hand for advice.

my questions are

1) can this job really count as a training post?

2) what do people suggest i do?

:-/ :-/ :-/

x

I am not sure whether it would count as an appropriate training post. Why don't you call the college and get advice or find out about the guidelines about which posts are considered as appropriate training posts

This is exactly the sort of query which your programme director is in a good position to answer.He or she will be able to tell you whether there is enough supervision for it to be a training post. You approaching him or her about this matter is in no way making a fuss, merely ensuring that your training needs are met