Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Addy

HSMP Visa help please !

37 posts in this topic

Sorry everyone, I've just realized this section is more appropriate to post my message - unfortunately, I've already posted this on the General Chat section.

Hi there,

Could you please advise me on the following ?

I'm planning to apply for the HSMP visa which I believe is initially given for a year and then 3 years. My level 2 job contract ends Feb. 2007.

In case I don't immediately get an SpR or staff grade job (quite likely in today's scenario), will the next 3-year extension of HSMP still be granted ? In other words, can I apply for the 3-year HSMP extension even without a job offer?

I'd really appreciate some advice.

Addy.

hi addy

apply for HSMP now

you will get it for 1 year and will have to renew it in december 2006

As you will still be employed then,you can easily get an extension for 3 years !

Hello Addy,

As far as I know, the 3 year extension is dependent on you producing evidence of economic activity over the past year i.e payslips, bank accounts, mortagage/rent, etc. If you can prove you made enough $$ to sustain yourself then that is acceptable.

Best of luck!

Hey Pratish and Io,

Thanks for your replies. The only problem with applying now is that it takes about 2-3 months to get it, which takes me to Feb. 06. Thus, in the worst case scenario, if I don't have a job offer in Feb 07, I wonder if I'll be able to get an extension only on the basis of past economic activity. Certainly, for the initial 1-year application, you need the employer's letter.

Any thoughts from anyone ? :)

Addy

I don't think u need employer's letter for 1st application.Of course I sent one as I am in employment, but my undersatnding is that u can apply for HSMP even from outside the country, the country of ur residence. And being in employment does not fetch u any points. What fetches u points is ur degree, ur past experience, ur salary etc. For an extension as far as I know,it is the economic activity over the last 1 year that counts. Also if u apply now, I don't think u should wait for 2-3 months to get ur HSMP visa. I applied in July this year and the whole process was over in 3 1/2 weeks.

Thanks for your replies guys. I didn't know the process could be that fast.

Sands73, 3-1/2 weeks is really quick ! Can I ask if you did everything yourself or did you need one of the approved agents that their website mentions (to check and submit the documents, I mean) ?

Addy

I did it everything myself. No need for agents.Good luck with ur application

it takes 2-3 weeks

last year it used to take time

but all the people who applied this year have got it quite quickly...that is provided you produce all the documents and presented in aproper way

all the best

Hi everyone,

I am new at this. :-/

I found the subject interesting because i kind of just went through it myself. My visa runs out in Feb 2006 and I applied the 1st week of this month and my application was approved within 1 week to my surprise :o. My rotation ends also in Feb 06 and i thought that would be a hinderance but i guess it didn't. The next step is now to find a staff grade post or SpR post depending on the out come of the part 2 results. This i guess will be essential for the next step of the HSMP application which is to get the 1st year extension, where you are required to show that you have a contract or a job or prospects of one ( I think the same requriments that would apply to extending a permit free visa with the exception of a letter from the postgraduate dean) unless people think otherwise.

So with regards to Addy's query I would say go for it, but make sure that you have all necessary documents to prove that you fulfill the criterias they request (this part took me the better part of 2-3 weeks :()

Cheers! :D

I got my approval for HSMP in 4 days in end october and visa stamped in another 10 days. so it took only 2 weeks in all for me.

And I did not use any legal services at all.

The visa you will get will be stamped before or on the day your previous LTR expires and not when you get it. You could see that if they start doing it, there would be a time when the application was at HO, you did not have a visa to stay in the UK. I f you have another visa for the period, then they usually put the date when it was granted.

cheers

[glb]TEXT[/glb] hi every one

can i just ask those who got their HSMP applications approved if they had to submit documentation to confirm that they have 5 or more years post qalification experience and that they earn 40k/year

i do not have these as an SHO and i spoke to one of those legal advice agencies and they told me i don,t qalify :( :(

any ideas ??? ??? ???

[glb]TEXT[/glb] hi every one

can i just ask those who got their HSMP applications approved if they had to submit documentation to confirm that they have 5 or more years post qalification experience and that they earn 40k/year

i do not have these as an SHO and i spoke to one of those legal advice agencies and they told me i don,t qalify :( :(

any ideas ??? ??? ???

applied for HSMP last Thursday and got the approval on Monday this week. ironically, the acknowledgement for receiving my application came today.

so it is very quick. good luck

Hi everyone,

Just to keep you updated. I applied for the HSMP this Monday. The approval letter came this Thursday. I have it with me now along with all my original documents I had sent to them.

Now I need to apply for the FLR(IED). Thanks for your advice. As you all said, the approval process is really quick - I can confirm it !! :)

Addy

Hi Everyone,

A further update. I've got my leave to remain within a week of sending the HSMP letter. No problem at all. I'm really impressed with their speed and efficiency, considering Christmas is only a week away !

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Addy :)

Hi Everyone,

A further update. I've got my leave to remain within a week of sending the HSMP letter. No problem at all. I'm really impressed with their speed and efficiency, considering Christmas is only a week away !

Thanks to everyone for their advice.

Addy :)

could anybody post list of things to be sent to home office.

ALso when is it the right time to get the visa stampped?

V

do u need a passport to apply for HSMP?

i mean for the initial application? :-[

Hi Sarah78,

For the initial HSMP application, there are 2 steps:

1) Applying for the HSMP status itself.

2) With the letter stating you are eligible for HSMP, applying for further leave to remain.

For step 1, the passport is not required. For step 2, it is.

Hope that helps. You can get more information on the workingintheuk website. (And the website would be helpful for the previous post from vianster too)

Cheers,

Addy.

hi

I am preparing to apply for HSMP. I need to show 5 years experience to qualify. I have 3 years in the UK and 2 years backhome. what documents should I submit to prove my expeience. Is a employers letter enough

Please advice

Jey

someone, please advise.

I am going to apply for hsmp visa now and hopefully should get reply to step 1 within 2 weeks and then comes the 2nd step, which i am worried about...when they stamp the visa. I have my contract till feb 2007. would i still get 1 year's visa, considering that my contract expires in less than a year.

should i actually apply for it now?

How much time is it taking now adays to get the visa?

thanks