• Announcements

• Gurpal

New question bank for paper B   05/11/18

Please see the link below for a new question bank: http://www.superegocafe.com/online-courses/mrcpsych-paper-b-multiple-choice-question-bank/  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
laluanto

SpR interview courses

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone attended one of these courses and found it helpful?

I've not heard of these courses laluanto. Do you know where they are held? I live in London, so any info about courses there would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ned-Alert,

I saw some adverts on BMJ Careers magazine on the Career Management Courses page.You can go to these websites and have a look for yourself about what they offer

1.www.medicalcommunicationskills.com

2.www.iscmedical.co.uk

3.www.apply2medicine.co.uk

I went through the sites but Iam not sure which one to gor for .Someone who have attended any of these courses please advise

Dear Lalu,

Have heard from people that the Hammersmith course is good, (never went for it, but a friend handed down her notes to me) and they provide you with a very useful handbook with most stuff that is covered at the interview. In todays competition this stuff is essential... even if you don't go to the course, get hold of the material. However it is not exclusive to Psych, so you get a general overview.

I went to the Hammersmith course (medical communications skills). Was not too bad..covered a range of topics though it was not specific to psychiatry. Best idea would be to get hold of the notes from someone and read them..